Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Builder required

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Hi,

Is anyone here a builder (bricklayer) or know a decent one they would be happy to recommend?

Thanks,

James

Comments

• Options
    What area you looking?
  • Options
    yep, know a good one in Dartford
  • Options
    I know a good one in Chiselhurst
  • Options
    Good luck in finding one.
    Last year I wanted an 2 story extension built. I'd done the drawings, got it through planning and had the money to pay for it.
    If I could find a builder they either didn't turn up to look at the job, turn up late (something that bugs the hell out of me), not get back with a quote or give it a load of builder bollocks speak. I didn't expect them to do the job for love and was prepared to pay the rate for the job, maybe thats what put them off, the fact that I could work out labour and material costs.
    I moved to a bigger house instead, far less hassle.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    My friends family have been doing it for 31 years. Highly recommend them! www.stevembs.co.uk you can fill out a form online or just ring them on the contact page. Some information on him and some pictures of previous work in his gallery. Very friendly and professional, travel far. Say Sean sent you as well. (the website is still missing some information as it is under construction)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks I have sent him an email and will give him a call tomorrow. Only need a small bit of brickwork doing and a lintel installed above a window. Had three builders look so far and all have made different suggestions as to what the problem is. Quotes range quite substantially so wanted someone with decent recommendation. Charlton Keston I feel your pain. You wouldn't have thought we a mid-recession the way some of the builders i have contacted behaved.