Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could we set a record too? [via optimism]

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Sorry… yes I know it's not even halfway through the season but I couldn't help thinking about this. (Not sure if anyone else has brought it up)

Reading currently hold the record for most number of points in a season (106 points in the 2005/2006 Championship season) 

Based on Charlton's results so far, we are currently on 2.3 points per game. Spread over 46 games, this would give us 109 points. 

Now I know it's a bit premature, but fuck it, it's something to aim for, right? And if nothing else it puts our current form into perspective and shows just how much of a great start we've had.

Comments

• Options
    This is the kind of thread i missed  last season. Very much doubt we will get 109 points though.
  • Options
    Doubt it tbh but like you say it really shows how good this start has been. COYR
  • Options
    I try not to tempt fate, football history is full of early season pace setters who didn't live up to expectations!  Also many  examples of teams putting together a post Christmas run to grab promotion. Charlton beat Palace 2-1 @ home Boxing Day 1999 to start a 12 game winning streak which ultimately lead to promotion.  I like our current position but have thus far resisted the temptation to reach for the calculator......
  • Options
    I wonder what odds you could get, may have to have a punt to compliment my Charlton to win the league at 12-1 at the start of the season.

• Options
    Btw, the record for league one (or Div 2) is 101 points - Fulham in 1998/99

I don't believe in tempting fate, but yes I couldn't help feeling slightly wrong about getting the calculator up. I couldn't help it though.
  • Options
    Starting a thread on CL does not affect football match results. If you think it does, youre mental!

Knock yourself out with the positivity.
  • Options
    What odds would you get for Huddersfields run coming to an end at our place and us continuing on to beat their record?
  • Options
    Starting a thread on CL does not affect football match results. If you think it does, youre mental!

This

nothing anyone can say on here can affect results for the first time in many a season we have something to enjoy and be proud of shout from the rooftops I can see nowt wrong with it

• Options
    This is the kind of thread i missed  last season. Very much doubt we will get 109 points though.

I agree, would be 110 points ;-)
  • Options

exactly , just like when the realists were saying how wank we are, when the 'we'll stay up/go up'  "we're still 5th" freak brigade kept going on about how we shouldn't be so negative , it makes not one bit of difference

we're going up you clowns

• Sponsored links:

• Options

First time I've agreed with WSS in ages! ;-)

I personally don't think we'll set any records, the title is enough for me!
  • Options
    What odds would you get for Huddersfields run coming to an end at our place and us continuing on to beat their record?
    I'll give you 1 Billion/1 for a £100 minimum bet.
  • Options
    I'll give you 1 Billion/1 for a £100 minimum bet.

I am willing to hold both amounts for you.

When the time comes to pay out you will be able to contact me on some faraway island.

• Options
    What is the record for most away wins in a season ?
  • Options

We have highest Score draw record.
    Highest scoring draw in league history:

• Options
    Most wins in a season is 33 held by Doncaster the year we won the FA cup. 
    Most consecutive wins is 14. 
    Most consecutive away wins is 11.
  • Options

We have highest Score draw record.
    Highest scoring draw in league history:

That's an interesting record to hold, but not as much fun as Huddersfield's record...............

... of being the only team to score 6 and still lose!
  • Options
    we're going up you clowns
    That proves Ooh Aaaaargh is a Stripey Nigel.

Gave yourself away there, mate!

;o)