Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jobs From Hell - What's Yours ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Worked on the Census earlier this year - the collector job was ok, but I made the mistake of staying on to be an "interviewer" - we had to interview people about the Census on their doorstep. I got a lot of negative responses from people who couldn't see the point and felt it was a waste of public money. After a short while doing it I agreed with them (which I couldn't tell them). We had a target of 100%, i.e. every house we were allocated to we had to get an interview from.  That was quite quickly revised down when the higher-ups realised it was totally unworkable, but nevertheless, we were under pressure to get as close to that as possible. I was supposed to have a "partner" working with me, but initially they were short of people so I was on my own, then I got a guy who was beyond useless and who was fired after a week. Then, with about a week left, I finally got an okay partner, but all too late. Hopefully, if they do another Census, I won't be so desperate for money as to need a job working on that!
  • Options
    1st Gulf War
  • Options
    simon jordans proctologist
  • Options
    Not really a job but being in the Cubs when i was younger was a nightmare.