Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kid friendly pub

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

My boy wants to go to a pub before the games like all the `men' do.

Somewhere a bit noisy would be good.

Comments

• Take him in the Liberal, kids welcome
  • Liberal is a good shout, good crowd, cheap drinks and certainly a few characters in there! Watch out for Plaaayer and his Uggs
  • Watch out for Plaaayer and his Uggs
    The OP said his boy wants to do "what men do" :-)
  • The Goat in Clapham (66a Battersea Rise) is probably kid friendly.

Yeah, I'm kidding.
  • Do you have to be a member for the Liberal club?
  • You don't have to be a member, you just have to know the secret handshake.
  • Do you have to be a member for the Liberal club?
    CIU card or just pay £1 at the door
  • Go Rose Of Denmark the libs dated to be polite
  • The Fiddlers arms in south norwood.
  • Sponsored links:

Hes waiting....

but the lib is kid friendly with usually a game of footy going on out the back.
    Hes waiting....

is that Vinnie jones with a syrup?
    but the lib is kid friendly with usually a game of footy going on out the back.
    It is kid friendly and it does have a game of football out back, but I've drunk in better places. ROD has the football, horse racing, easy to get served and beer dont taste like its sat there a week.
  • The Swan is the best pre match pub i reckon these days.

If you are on the 161 I would get off at the hospital and walk the rest of the way as otherwise you end up going into Woolwich and all round the houses.  Only takes 10 mins to walk from hosp to Charlton village.  You would be on the bus a lot longer but I know loads of lazy sods that stay on it.
  • Thanks for that.

I don't drink but my boy loves the atmosphere at the Valley and wants to stand in a pub before the game. He doesn't even like the football just the singing and making newly discovered gestures.

• Thanks for that.

I don't drink but my boy loves the atmosphere at the Valley and wants to stand in a pub before the game. He doesn't even like the football just the singing and making newly discovered gestures.

You could start at The Anchor in Hope - he might enjoy the view before progressing to the lib/Antigallican/Rose