Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most impressive opposition player at the Valley this season.

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
I'm interested to know which opposition players have impressed you the most so far this season? Personally, three come to mind:

1. Bobby Grant, Scunthorpe
-- Scored twice simply by being in the right place at the right time. Looked a decent poacher.
2. Jose Semedo, Wednesday
-- We all knew what to expect from him, was a nuisance the whole game.
3. Joss Labadie, Tranmere
-- Was a beast in the centre of the pitch. Covered every blade of grass and really put our central pairing under pressure.

Can you think of anyone who's shone at the Valley this season?

Comments

• Options
    labadie looked class!
  • Options
    Diagouraga for Brentford in the cup.
  • Options
    That Loy was a decent player.
  • Options
    Does Francis count as playing for the opposition against Preston in the Cup ?
  • Options

i think among better players prestons 11 (tsoumou ?) could have been decent. up front on his own was a big ask.

scraping the barrel tho tbh

• Options
    The right winger that played for Den Bosch was no  mug
  • Options
    That winger that came on for Preston in the cup. Mayor???????
  • Options
    was impressed by Arter in the first half against us on the opening day...other than that im struggling.
  • Options
    This.
  • Options
    I agree with Mayor. Ripped Francis to pieces in the cup (yeah, not too difficult!) but certainly gave Solly a few problems too when he came on in the league as well. Couldn't believe they didn't start him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loy for me. 
  • Options
    The winger for MK Dons had a decent game as well down there, don't know his name but we looked allot more comfortable once he's been taken off.
  • Options
    The winger for MK Dons had a decent game as well down there, don't know his name but we looked allot more comfortable once he's been taken off.
    Balanta?
  • Options
    is he the one who tore your dog a new bumhole twisting him inside out
  • Options
    The fella with the long blonde hair for Bournmouth. He was a joy to watch.
  • Options
    The fella with the long blonde hair for Bournmouth. He was a joy to watch.

*wolf whistle*
  • Options
    Showumni for Tranmere was a nuisance and dominant in the air.
  • Options
    Mendy
  • Options
    Great thread , looks like someones compiling their summer shopping list for Chris Powell ;-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Although some posters on here were knocking him when he recently signed on loan for Sheff Weds from Newcastle, I thought James Tavernier left back for Carlisle looked pretty decent.
  • Options
    Thought Leon Legg was good Saturday.
  • Options
    The bald bloke who played centre midfield for Chesterfield.
  • Options
    Rory Loy
  • Options
    Yeah I'd go for Loy - most players in this league are so mediocre that they really don't stand out, he certainly did (looked good cutting in off the wing and upfront).
  • Options
    The bald bloke who played centre midfield for Chesterfield.
    The one for me
  • Options
    the preston striker that scored that henry esque goal, if that had been in the prem it would still be showing on ssn now, what a goal they guys got unbelevable TEKKERS!!
  • Options
    Ian Goodison had a great game at the back for Tranmere. I didn't realise he is 39 and has 120 caps for Jamaica!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Lawrie Wilson the Stevenage right back looked useful. But that was an away game.

• Options
    i thought Rory Loy looked a threat