Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

On the bench v Spurs on Tuesday

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Youga and Fortune

Comments

• Options
    But no Alonso.  Says it all about his (lack of) future with us
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Does anyone think we might offer either of these a contract if they can prove their fitness ?

Euell was only meant to be training with us in the summer and we all know how that ended

Plus Stuart Parnaby played at right back for us (on trial from Birmingham) 
  • Options

Youga maybe, he looked like a good (and improving) player before he got injured. Fortune sadly not - totally unrecognisable last season from the bloke who turned out for us quite regularly in the Premier League.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Was it behind closed doors ?

edit - just seen this on Parnaby's wiki page

Parnaby is currently looking for a club and featured for Charlton Athletic in a behind-closed-doors reserve friendly against Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday 22nd November 2011.
  • Options
    no chance either Youga or Forch will get a contract with us.
  • Options

Forch must be better than the Doc

• Options
    I think Doc might well be gone in January. At his stage of career he will surely want games and he won't get them with us. I think he will be moved on possibly to a league two side. With Benno seemingly moving on too I suspect we might well see another CB and striker coming in. As for Forch and Youga I very much doubt we will see either again.
  • Options
    Who else played for us? I saw that Spurs had a very strong team.
  • Options
    Sullivan, Parnaby,Evina,Doherty, Mambo, Bover, Prithcard,Warren, Davisson,Smith, Benson
  • Options
    I'd rather see Solly at left back and Morrison at right back before seeing Youga in our back 4 again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Suppose it's good to know that if Wiggins or Evina did get injured there's a decent free transfer going should we need it. If Youga was fit of course, big if.
  • Options
    Jacko as left back cover too.
  • Options
    Not at the mo
  • Options
    Thanks Johnbaker.
  • Options

Think when Youga got injured he was playing his best football for us albeit in a lower division. He seemed to have cut out all of the fancy stuff & looked a good attacking full back & if he had come back last season I would have been delighted. However we have moved on with Wiggins (is there a better left back in the 3rd Division?) & back up from Evina. What would really be the point because he isn't going to be better than what we already have. I hope that he can resurrect his career though & get a contract somewhere.

Powell said Fortune would be looked after despite his contract expiring in the summer after his injury. I hope this is just about getting him fit so he can get a contract else where because I don't want him anywhere near the 1st team squad. We've had 1 too many "nostalgia" signing already this season. At this level Fortune is shot...harsh reality of a footballer/sportsmans life

• Options
    think that is what both are doing. Getting fit and putting themselves in the shop window.
  • Options

Surely it would have been better for the club if they had selected two of the youth team guys on the bench

Imagine the experience a 16 - 18 year old would have got playing against the likes of Defoe, Dos Santos and Pienaar ... even if it was only for half an hour or so

Get them fit in training by all means but leave the "reserve" games for the actual squad 

Bit cynical I know but playing these two doesn't benefit us at all if they are going to be leaving in a matter of weeks/months

If it's a one-off then that's ok but hope this won't be happening for the foreseeable future
  • Options
    I think both would be good re-signings if they can prove their fitness. Youga before he was injured was playing his best football and Fortune 100000 x better then Doherty and would be excellent cover
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Surely it would have been better for the club if they had selected two of the youth team guys on the bench

Imagine the experience a 16 - 18 year old would have got playing against the likes of Defoe, Dos Santos and Pienaar ... even if it was only for half an hour or so

Youth team have a FA Youth Cup match tonight so would have been rested for that.  
  • Options
    bit odd for us to have 2 games in 2 days then isn't it ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think both would be good re-signings if they can prove their fitness. Youga before he was injured was playing his best football and Fortune 100000 x better then Doherty and would be excellent cover
    Fortune's legs have gone, as sadly proven last season.
  • Options
    Ones for U18s only, the other was a behind closed doors friendly which gave us and Spurs a chance to look at a trialist.
  • Options
    So have Docs!
  • Options
    Ones for U18s only, the other was a behind closed doors friendly which gave us and Spurs a chance to look at a trialist.

Fair enough .. guess in that case both team benefitted then
  • Options
    So have Docs!
    But Doc is under contract you would not give him a new one, neither would I give a new contract to Youga or Fortune
  • Options
    Is there a match report for this please??