Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Saga that is Darren Purse!

Many of you will know the ongoing saga re Darren Purse joining us...if there has ever been a player linked on more occassions and with more regularity with a move to us (going back many many years) it has to be him. Hardly a close season or transfer window comes and goes without someone, somewhere linking him to us....until it's become something of an amusing legend in fact.

Anyway......he's just gone out on loan from The Spanners to Plymouth I think it is............... amazing that he's still around come to think of it.

Another opportunity missed.........LOL!

Comments

• The name Darren Purse has been connected with CAFC more times than Mikel Alonso.
  • edited November 2011
    I almost feels as if he has actually been a Charlton player.
  • Shame we got him too late in his career, Millwall through & through, just not quite got it for our level....he'll get a game next season the way we're going though!
  • edited November 2011
    Gutted we've missed out on Purse again, maybe we could get Hayden Mullins instead.
  • I think we were first linked with him when Derek Ufton put his shoulder out in the Huddersfield 7-6 game in 1957.
  • I think we were first linked with him when Derek Ufton put his shoulder out in the Huddersfield 7-6 game in 1957.
    LOL!!!
  • I thought he was on loan at Yeovil. But then I thought Sanchez Watt was in Arsenal's reserves #mustkeepup
  • Yes, he's gone to Plymouth via Yeovil.
  • No Purses are safe at Charlton these days (allegedly) 
  • you can't make a silk Purse out of an old piggy's ear like Darren
  • Sponsored links:

• Curbs wanted him when he was playing for Oxford.