Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Speeding points / fine advice

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
About 5 months ago I caught caught speeding on the A2 by a speed camara. The car is registered to the misses and so the ticket came through to her, as she wasn't driving filled the form out saying that I was. A ticket then came through now addressed to myself, I never filled it out accepting the penalty or replied, the form has now been lost and I've heard no more from them.

I got stopped the other day by police for a little talking too, and they checked my details and if I had a licence, but never mentioned the outstanding ticket.

Somebody said to me ifyou don't reply to the conviction, the system can only hold them on file for 6 months and then they get wiped as they do not have the capacity to store then longer because of all the new ones coming onto it.

I don't want to contact them and point it out if I haven't got, was wondering if any fellow lifers know anymore about it.

Comments

• Options

I would doubt very much that that just forget about them if there's no reply within 6 months. If that were the case why would anyone ever reply?

Might take a while but wouldn't assume it's gone away if I were you.

• Options
    I know a bit about this subject.

I can see where you have made a mistake in your story - they wrote to you and you replied with all the information (DIDN'T YOU). They must have lost the documentation at their end.

They have 6 months from receiving your reply (WHICH YOU DEFINITELY SENT BACK) to initiate court action, so seeing as you had to reply within 14 days of their Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) - you will be able to work out exactly when this expires.

DO NOT CONTACT THEM - THEY ARE VERY BUSY  ;-)

• Options

They usually give you a time limit by which you must reply - I should think you've exceeded that by now. I'd just keep my head down if I was you.

Using various techniques, my wife and I have managed to successfully contest a couple of speeding tickets in the past, but I think they've got wise and it's much more difficult these days. What I continue to do is reply right at the end of the period allowed and ask for the photo - there's always a chance that they've lost it in the meantime. Also, ask them when the camera was last callibrated.

• Options
    Valiant Phil, of course I replied why wouldn't I of, and saga lout thankyou for the added questions should I need to ask, being truthful I am never gonna contact them and ask what's going on, I will just wait and see and play the game
  • Options

Wouldn't it be easier to drive legally in the first place?

In my experience weaving tissues of lies and half truths is a recipe for disaster later on.

• Options

In my experience weaving tissues of lies and half truths is a recipe for disaster later on.

So true vicar, so true.
  • Options

So true vicar, so true.

Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone.
  • Options

So true vicar, so true.

Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone.
    Or the 1st camera flash in this instance ;-0