Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leaving early

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

A bit of a lesson for the likes of me here....... 4 goals in stoppage time!

Saturday, 26 November 2011

BSB Premier

Alfreton Town 3  (Arnold 64, Moult 90+4, Jarman 90+6) Hayes & Yeading 2 (Arnold (og) 90+2, Soares 90+5)

Comments

• Options
    thought this was going to be about leaving work early today!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

• Options
    Only ever once left a game early and that was only with about 3 minutes to go at Blackpool about 3 seasons ago? Honestly the most miserable game i've ever felt at a football match. Was AWFUL! Think we lost 4-1? Could've been more... I've been attempting to delete that game from my memory ever since...

In any other situation I wouldn't have left early though
  • Options
    I bet a few Ipswich fans left early last Sat thinking they had won 2-1, Reading scored twice in injury time to win 2-3
  • Options
    first time and only time i left early was the cup game at home to barnet, was with another lifer and we made the desicsion that we would be better off back in the pub, after losing all the feeling in my fingers and toes to the cold and there being about 500 in the ground, think it was a good call to make..
  • Options

many of us tried but with little success in leaving the den last season.

• Options
    Yeah I totally came in here to share my best excuses for leaving work early!

Hell of a finish. Me and dad learnt our lesson at the CAFC Vs. Southend (?)  game a few years back. We heard three cheers by the time we reached the car and assumed we'd won 6-1. Not 4-3.
  • Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8qyvKVfXo

an injury time winner in spain this weekend

• Options
    Still haunts me that I HAD to leave the Swindon game early when we were down to 9 men & Llera scored.
  • Options
    Still haunts me that I HAD to leave the Swindon game early when we were down to 9 men & Llera scored.
    Me too!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know people go on about leaving early "to beat the traffic".

I can't imagine these same people would leave the theatre or the cinema 10 minutes before the end of the play/film "to beat the traffic".
  • Options

I can't imagine these same people would leave the theatre or the cinema 10 minutes before the end of the play/film "to beat the traffic".
    Depends if it was a Kevin Costner film.
  • Options
    my old man was at the 7-6 huddersfield game, most of his mates left at 5-1 but he stayed... they didnt belive him when he got back to the pub that night.
  • Options

Depends if it was a Kevin Costner film.
    ....Status Quo ;o)
  • Options
    I left early once due to illness and missed Leaburns hatrick
  • Options
    Didn't Bobby Charlton leave Barcelona early in '99?
  • Options
    Only game i'v ever left early was the JPT against Brentford this season. I even sat through the game at the Den......
  • Options
    I left early once due to illness and missed Leaburns hatrick
    What did he do? Pull a rabbit out of it?

Sorry..... cudn't resist it.

• Options

many of us tried but with little success in leaving the den last season.

Should have left earlier.