Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matthew Taylor

2»

Comments

• Options
    Morro and Taylor remind me of Steve Thompson and John Pender. Another pair of never say die defenders.
  • Options
    Solly was absolutely amazing tonight proper proper footballer
    He's not the tallest. He's not the fastest. He sometimes gets done for pace or position (but the latter less so as he gets more experienced). But for sheer bloody determination, I don't think you can beat him.
  • Options
    Solly will go for many millions if he keeps this up. He was fantastic tonight, he has made mistakes this season, his Scunthorpe clearance cost us 2 points but boy has he made up for that since.
  • Options
    He's not the tallest. He's not the fastest. He sometimes gets done for pace or position (but the latter less so as he gets more experienced). But for sheer bloody determination, I don't think you can beat him.
    When you said 'he's not the tallest, he's not the fastest', I thought you were singing the words to Dangermouse!

Taylor was awesome tonight by the way as was Morro and lots more as well Kermy and Wiggy I could go on the 2 new guys were outstanding, well played lads.

• Options
    When you said 'he's not the tallest, he's not the fastest', I thought you were singing the words to Dangermouse!

Taylor was awesome tonight by the way as was Morro and lots more as well Kermy and Wiggy I could go on the 2 new guys were outstanding, well played lads.

Can we please make that Solly's new nickname/song?
  • Options
    Would find it hard to pick between Taylor and Morisson (and usually I prefer Morrison) but definitely the two MOM for me, so can't argue - great team performance though, everyone did their bit - got the goals first half, closed it out second, professional job by all.
  • Options
    All I can say is I am glad that Exeter had three CBs better than Taylor and so decided to let him go ;)
  • Options
    All I can say is I am glad that Exeter had three CBs better than Taylor and so decided to let him go ;)

And Shef weds had a better 2 than Morro

who did they just sign

LLera PMSFL not even fit to lace Morro's boots

• Options

And Shef weds had a better 2 than Morro

who did they just sign

LLera PMSFL not even fit to lace Morro's boots

Indeed, but the Wendys are still confident of over taking us :)
  • Options

Thats the fear and realisation sinking in that they have got it all to do just to finish 2nd,

we can have a 3 game blip with goal difference and still kick their arse,

i wouldnt be confident if i was below us , finish above us and you win the league end of

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Yep, four games we should be confident of winning up next (although knowing us we do like to make things harder than they should be on occasion) we could be 10 points clear at the halfway point, especially if the also rans draw at Hillsborough :)

• Options
    Best back five for years, has it all, height, strength, pace, good ability on the ball. Keeper is class and grows in confidence every game.
  • Options
    Best back five for years, has it all, height, strength, pace, good ability on the ball. Keeper is class and grows in confidence every game.
    You sure?
  • Options
    Have you seen the height of Taylor and Morrison, have you seen a forward beat them in the air all season??
  • Options

The thing is, Morrison was marking Rhodes. Taylor was dealing with Parkin, a real big tough guy battle and Taylor won it.

Wasnt convinced with Taylor at first but the whole defence is fricking awesome

• Options
    The team with.the best defence so far this season

I Think we have atleast 3 of the best midfielders in the league
    And the best striker and the best strike partner in the league

And the best manager in the league
  • Options
    The team with.the best defence so far this season

I Think we have atleast 3 of the best midfielders in the league
    And the best striker and the best strike partner in the league

And the best manager in the league
    This.

Very happy that Taylor has proved me right - I had seen him a lot at Exeter due to having family down there and always rated him. Seem to recall he was a signing that many on here doubted, but he has impressed me more than Morrison tbh. Taylor is a proper old school, won't take any sh*t centre back and leader of men. Ideal for this league. I'd have doubts about Taylor in the league above but that's for next season and I think Morrison wouldn't be getting the plaudits he is if he didn't have Taylor next to him
  • Options
    Feel so confident in taylor and morro. And then next to them we have the quality ever improoving solly and wiggins

Last season we has daily & doc.

Never have I felt so confident in keeping clean sheets with this back 5
  • Options
    I admit I was one of the more dubious about Taylor, no disrespect to Exeter but that is not exactly the kind of pedigree I was looking for in our signings! However, like Solly he has proven me wrong, old fashioned in a good way, leadership top notch and he and the younger, more aggressive Morrison complement each other very well.

I have had to eat a lot of humble pie already this season but I'm starting to like the taste, keep it up Addicks!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I admit I was one of the more dubious about Taylor, no disrespect to Exeter but that is not exactly the kind of pedigree I was looking for in our signings! However, like Solly he has proven me wrong, old fashioned in a good way, leadership top notch and he and the younger, more aggressive Morrison complement each other very well.

I have had to eat a lot of humble pie already this season but I'm starting to like the taste, keep it up Addicks!
    Remember the FARMER !! .. Jimmy G, Addicks legend, pedigree beef
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have you seen the height of Taylor and Morrison, have you seen a forward beat them in the air all season??
    Calm down, I left off the smiley
  • Options
    Humble pie for me.  I wasn't sold on Taylor to start but lately he has been absolutely immense.

Him and Morro work so so well together.

Both capable of doing it in the Championship I think too
  • Options
    You reckon he'll let Rhodes out of his pocket any time soon?
  • Options
    The whole team were fantastic last night, so much so that I was sorry they had to pick one player. Funnily enough the fellow who made me comfortable ( and the defence I'm sure ) was Ben Hamer whose handling and confidence were immaculate, topped off with a brilliant save. It seemed to me that had they scored once, they would have been very hard to keep out. I would love to know what he was whispering in Parkin's ear towards the end, probably just 'love you'.
  • Options
    Like many I wasn't sure about signing Taylor who wasn't in Exeters team towards the end of last season, also doubted Morrisons signing from wendys reserves. Thought they looked "out of sorts" the first few games but totally convinced now great CB pairing with 2 top FBs, best back 4 in the division? .............oh & a great MF............strikers are ok   
  • Options
    The whole team were fantastic last night, so much so that I was sorry they had to pick one player. Funnily enough the fellow who made me comfortable ( and the defence I'm sure ) was Ben Hamer whose handling and confidence were immaculate, topped off with a brilliant save. It seemed to me that had they scored once, they would have been very hard to keep out. I would love to know what he was whispering in Parkin's ear towards the end, probably just 'love you'.

"I'd run if i were you the Buffets out"
  • Options

Remember the FARMER !! .. Jimmy G, Addicks legend, pedigree beef
    Agreed, a legend! I was confident Taylor would do a good job.  Having lived in Exeter, I keep an eye out for The Grecians and am a big fan of Paul Tisdale.  I think, given his resources,  he's achieved more than any other manager in the league.  Exeter play "football" also.  Made his name with Team Bath, where Taylor also played. Was hoping we would appoint him after Parky.  Still thought that in May after CP's first 4 months!  Maybe not now......