Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groupon

edited November 2011 in Other Football and Sports

Saw this today...

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/south-london/crystal-palace-football-club/1835303?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_333&a=2281

Struck me as a bit desperate, especially as Groupon apparently take up to 50% commission.

"Soaring high above their South London footballing rivals, Crystal Palace are pushing hard to conquer the NPOWER Championship under the watchful eye of manager Dougie Freedman. The club’s comfortable, easily accessible, and notoriously noisy 25,000 plus capacity stadium, is a short dribble from Selhurst and Thornton Heath stations and provides bars, a restaurant, and typical ground fare for half time refueling"

I also like the way the fact that the game is live on Sky is meant to be an attraction rather than a deterrant

Comments

• Options
    Wow...The deal is on. A whole 7 people have taken up this offer (7.33am)
  • Options
    They'll be flogging them on e-bay next. They'll have to change their nickname again and become the desperado's
  • Options
    'Notoriously Noisy' - well I suppose it echoes around the empty stands.
  • Options
    refuse to clickon a place link but groupon is one big con
  • Options
    Why you say that salad? I've never used it but seen what looks like some alright deals...
  • Options
    theyoften take a 50% cut of your money so if you see a deal that looks alright try the retailer direct (eg. a hotel) as you can probably get a better deal.
  • Options
    I dont think so salad.  Ive got many a cheap good facial/massage etc.  Just booked one yesterday.  The only con is getting an appointment when you want.

132 have bought now.

• Options

Here is a bbc article about Groupon et al

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15574954

• Options

they have some superb offers on groupen  --both London and Kent --worth joining just to have a cheap fish nibbling your feet session -also some of the meal offers are worth it

• Options
    Groupon has some terrific deals .. I just signed on for a day's clay pigeon shooting for £65 ... bargain .. hope it includes shotgun hire and cartridges !¬!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the clay shooting being held at the sainsburys car park?
  • Options

Groupon has some terrific deals .. I just signed on for a day's clay pigeon shooting for £65 ... bargain .. hope it includes shotgun hire and cartridges !¬!
     real pigeons --trafalgar square here you come....
  • Options
    Is the clay shooting being held at the sainsburys car park?
    no, that's the formula one trolley racing ... every thursday evening in Mablethorpe
  • Options

real pigeons --trafalgar square here you come....
    now you're talking .... first one to take Nelson's good eye out wins a coconut