Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell - Tactically inept?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tactics to my mind are less important at this level than motivating a team to all give 100% all of the time. If we keep up those effort levels v Huddersfield for every game we will get promoted. If CP lets those effort levels drop we will lose far more games, irrsepective of what tactics are used.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tactics are not the be all and end all, important yes but if you haven't got the players with the right mindset or skill set to carry out the plan then they pale into even more insignificance; as SCP found out last year with the squad he inherited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He probably has more tactical nous in his little finger than all of us who post on CL wondering if he has any. And to get 19 players in and get them all playing as a team for him is superb. Look at Steve Bruce, he almost brought in a new first team during the summer and look at Sunderland now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He probably has more tactical nous in his little finger than all of us who post on CL wondering if he has any. And to get 19 players in and get them all playing as a team for him is superb. Look at Steve Bruce, he almost brought in a new first team during the summer and look at Sunderland now.
    I agree , i can't wait for our players to start to gel!  

Danny Green v Huddersfield reminded me of when Beckham played for England against Greece and we qualified for i think it was the 2002 World Cup?  he was so determined to make it happen , you just knew he would , Watching the match back on Tele ,  Green was so determined against Huddersfield their was only going to be one outcome.
  • Options
    He clearly has a team that will run through brick walls for him, and unlike in past years we now have players who are getting better as the season goes on. The ability of the team to change tactics and respond to the opposition during the course of the game still needs to improve - but this is clearly starting to happen as well.  He also resists the temptation to tinker unlike Parkinson and Pardew - and himself last season. Just don't make him Manager of the Month!
  • Options

There's something special about SCP. Crucially, as said, he learns and learns fast. But the players not only respect him but will go that extra mile for him. Said it all for me that when Hogan Ephraim came off the pitch, SCP was there ready to give him a hug, Hogan was grinning from ear to ear. The added extra that SCP and his team have got going has me hopelessly in love with it all.

This .

And why I don't believe any players we want to stay will be tempted to pastures new in January.

Naive FF . 

• Options
    One tactic I've noted of late is dibble dabble about for the first twenty minutes of matches, and then score two or three before half time. Good tactic I reckon.
  • Options

There's something special about SCP. Crucially, as said, he learns and learns fast. But the players not only respect him but will go that extra mile for him. Said it all for me that when Hogan Ephraim came off the pitch, SCP was there ready to give him a hug, Hogan was grinning from ear to ear. The added extra that SCP and his team have got going has me hopelessly in love with it all.

I noticed this. When Ephraim came off it was not onlyt powelly who gave him a hug but it was also all of the oaching staff who greeted him giving him praise. great to see the players getting praise for good performances. it feels like a team of players and staff fans together