Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2011 Sports Personality of the Year

2»

Comments

• Options
    giggs
  • Options
    John Terry for me
  • Options
    Team of the year will be our Netball World Champs or American Samoa.
  • Options

Overseas star? Probably Vettel.

Young sports personality of the year - look no further than Kevin Lisbie.

• Options
    Mo Farah
  • Options

What about shooting legend George "19 World titles (11 Sporting and 8 Fitasc), 11 European Fitasc titles, 3 European Compak titles and 9 World Cups" Digweed MBE?!?!?!

It would be nice for the sporting world to also acknowledge his achievements.... 

• Options
    It is so boring and the set-pieces are too embarrasing to waste a couple of hours of my time.  I haven't watched ever since the sycophants gave it to that horse - what's her name? Oh yeah Princess Anne.
  • Options
    It is so boring and the set-pieces are too embarrasing to waste a couple of hours of my time.  I haven't watched ever since the sycophants gave it to that horse - what's her name? Oh yeah Princess Anne.
    Harsh..
  • Options

3 golfers? seems a bit OTT!

How often has there been a year with no footballers (not that any deserve to be in the top 100!)

Amir Khan!! erm, not good timing for him

Cavendish for me but cudnt argue if it was Farrah

The team MUST be the world's number one cricket team

• Options

Has to be Andrew Strauss for me.

Andy Murray for sports no personality of the year.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Chirpy Red it was defintely the 1991 team award the BBC asked Brian Moore for an interview and he refused saying he couldn't hold back his opinions so they interviewed Mick Skinner instead. The TV footage shows Campese presenting the trophy and Moore shaking his head in disbelief. Not sure about 2003 but why would we get a nob like Campese to present anything?

Would be happy to see either Cavendish, Farah or Mcllroy win to be honest. Team of the year must be the Cricketers and overseas is either Vettel or Djokovic.

• Options
    Saw the advert for it after the snooker last night.  It just left numb by how dull it all looked.  Isn't it time they put this pointless exercise to the sword?
  • Options
    It used to be an anonymous little show called Sports Review of The Year at the end of November on a Wednesday night in the Sportsnight slot. It was a good review too. Quality presenters, quality action (BBC had some rights then) and great guests.
    It came from Television Centre and the vote was open to any candidate. You just cut your coupon out of the Radio Times.

Now it is an awful hyped up event in an aircraft hanger with a phone vote and a huge public audience. Poor presenters and a closed shop of nominations.

It's rubbish. Who gives a hoot? I don’t.

Look what happened to the news review of the year. This used to take a similar format with footage and commentary of major events through the year. They didn't have any voting element. This meant that in the new age of viewer-led entertainment the news review was cancelled.

Thanks to the Sun-reading majority programmes became interactive or cancelled.

• Options

Chirpy Red it was defintely the 1991 team award the BBC asked Brian Moore for an interview and he refused saying he couldn't hold back his opinions so they interviewed Mick Skinner instead. The TV footage shows Campese presenting the trophy and Moore shaking his head in disbelief. Not sure about 2003 but why would we get a nob like Campese to present anything?

Would be happy to see either Cavendish, Farah or Mcllroy win to be honest. Team of the year must be the Cricketers and overseas is either Vettel or Djokovic.

Must have asked him twice then.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/3326741.stm

• Options
    You are right Chripy Red can you believe that? He was a great player but a dick head of the first order even his team mates didn't like him