Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The FA Cup Game

Comments

• Options
    Harriott looked shÏt hot in the games he played.

I'd go with;

Sullivan
    Hughes. Cort. Doherty. Evina
    Wagstaff. Russel. Harriott
    Hayes. Benson Smith
  • Options

I'd go with;

Sullivan
    Hayes. Benson Smith
  • Options

I'd go with;

Sullivan
    Hayes. Benson Smith
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Dazzler, Dazzler, Dazzler, calm down, calm down, once is enough!
  • Options
    I'll go with:

Sullivan

Solly               Cort                     Taylor                Evina

Waggy              Pritchard           Hughes                Harriott

Smith               Hayes

Bench: hamer, Bover, Wiggins, BWP, Hollands, Morrison, Green  

• Options

With the recent injuries and scares I'd rather we left the majority of the first team out. How would everyone feel if BWP, Hollands etc got a Stephens/Jacko type injury?

would personally start with -

Sullivan

Hughes Cort Taylor Evina

Wagstaff Russell Pritchard Bover

Benson Hayes

bench - Pope,Cousins,Morrison,Alonso,Harriott,Euell,Smith

Doubt Benson or Alonso will be involved though.

• Options
    Would like to win this to see who we get in the 3rd round.

Sullivan, Solly, Taylor, Cort, Evina, Waggy, Hughes, Hollands, Bover, Hayes, Smith. Subs: Hamar, Morrison, Wiggins, Pritchard, Green, Euell, BWP.
  • Options
     Benno won't want to be cup tied,
    Can't see this as an issue. Do you really think any team interested in him will be in the 3rd round?
  • Options
     Benno won't want to be cup tied,
    Can't see this as an issue. Do you really think any team interested in him will be in the 3rd round?
    Are Swindon still in?
  • Options
    Callum Harriott won't play they will play Bover Isquido instead Chriisy seems not to like Harriott as much as Parky did.
    you sure about that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would guess that professional footballers like to play regularly, like every week, so I would go with our strongest team, but leave out anyone who is not 100% fit and also try a couple of our fringe players. That way we have a good chance of winning which keeps the momentum going ready for Walsall the following week.

Sullivan
    Solly  Cort  Morrison or Taylor  Evina
    Wagstaff  Hollands  Russell or Hughes  Bover or Harriott
    BWP Hayes

Subs: Hamer, Solly, Morrison or Taylor, Green, Bover or Harriott, Benson, Smith
  • Options
    I would guess that professional footballers like to play regularly, like every week, so I would go with our strongest team, but leave out anyone who is not 100% fit and also try a couple of our fringe players. That way we have a good chance of winning which keeps the momentum going ready for Walsall the following week.

Sullivan
    Solly  Cort  Morrison or Taylor  Evina
    Wagstaff  Hollands  Russell or Hughes  Bover or Harriott
    BWP Hayes

Subs: Hamer, Solly, Morrison or Taylor, Green, Bover or Harriott, Benson, Smith
    This make sense.  If we want to make some extra money for the January window we need to win, certainly don't want a replay.  
  • Options
    If Taylor doesn't play who will be captain? Hughes presumably although Hollands would be more than capable assuming they play of course!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with your team LL apart from having Solly start and be on the bench! He's good but he can't do both. 
    Cousins on the bench for me. Get that lad some more game time.
  • Options
    What has happened to Alonso?

I'd go full strength and then he can bring off the likes of BWP. Playing a big club in 3rd round could allow us to buy another player in Jan who can make the difference between auto promotion and play offs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sullivan

Cousins - Morrison - Cort - Evina

Wagstaff - Russell (Hughes if not fit) - Pritchard - Harriott

Hayes - Benson/Smith

SUBS: Hamer, Solly, Taylor, Hughes, Euell, Green, Benson/Smith
  • Options
    FFS, this is the FA Cup.

Play a full strength team.

Don't you want to win anything?

One aim Jimmy, we aint gonna win the FA Cup. We will win this league if the FA cup does not get in the way. If we put out a strong team and we get 2-3 injuries it will cost us a lot more than a payday to buy 1 player in the transfer window.

Sad but true!!
  • Options
    Callum Harriott won't play they will play Bover Isquido instead Chriisy seems not to like Harriott as much as Parky did.
    I dont think Harriott came into the team until Powelly took over.  Think Powell said at the time that Harriott has a very bright future ahead of him & has all the attributes to be a very good player
  • Options
    FFS, this is the FA Cup.

Play a full strength team.

Don't you want to win anything?

One aim Jimmy, we aint gonna win the FA Cup. We will win this league if the FA cup does not get in the way. If we put out a strong team and we get 2-3 injuries it will cost us a lot more than a payday to buy 1 player in the transfer window.

Sad but true!!
    Absolutely!  All the same, I think SCP will go with a half and half, similar to Halifax.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should imagine Powell well want to make sure all his regular subs start - but sense that we'll start with a nucleus of 1st team players (like we did at Halifax) ......and we'll see Sullivan, Cort, Evina, Hayes and maybe Pritchard amongst the line up.

BWP won't start, nor will Big Yann and Ephraim. Nor will Hamer, Wiggins, and one of the CBs.

Bench will be decent, but will include a couple of youngsters like Harriott, Smith, maybe Bover.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Benson named.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And people wonder why we never get anywhere in cup competions.

We have such a crap attitude: it's been the same for years and it pisses me off.

I bet that if we were in Palace's position in The Championship next year that people would still be saying 'we don't want to get injuries' and suchlike.

We would never have got to the League Cup quarter finals and beat Man United away like they have.

The FA Cup is even more important.
    This attitude is an insult to Don Welsh, Chris Duffy, Sam Bartram etc.
    Shame on you all.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Steady, Jimmy.
    It's not that we don't want to win - of course we do.

It's just not the priority.

Last season we had a great FA Cup game at Spurs.
    Sure we lost, even though we played well enough.

But who remembers that, while we're still stuck in the Third Division?
  • Options
    Steady, Jimmy.

It's just not the priority.

Last season we had a great FA Cup game at Spurs.
    Sure we lost, even though we played well enough.

But who remembers that, while we're still stuck in the Third Division?
    I have no intention of being 'steady' on this subject.

It has never been a priority in all my time as a Charlton fan (for 30 years) and I'm sick of it.

Please tell me when it will become a priority.

Even when we were comfortable in The Premiership we still took it lightly.

I ask the question:
    When will we be able to take it as a priority?
    Does nobody understand that the FA Cup competition starts (at best) in the middle of the season for every team and nobody knows what their position in the league will be come April / May?

If you took this attitude to life then you may as well stay home and never go out. It's a loser's attitude.
  • Options

Absolute crap.
  • Options
    All about the league.
  • Options

Charlton manager Chris Powell told BBC Radio Kent:

"It bodes well for the club having a cup run along side your league form, it can do you the world of good.

"I don't see why you would forfeit because I think you should try and win every game possible, and that's what we do.

"Of course you can't win all the cups but it is good to stay in the competition, as we've seen in the League Cup.

"Why not show people that you want to do well and progress?
    If we get to the third round you never know who could be visiting The
    Valley.

• Options
    You are a moaning misery today, Jimmy.

Go and take the missus Christmas shopping.
    You'll have more fun.

;o)
  • Options
    I can't take her Christmas shopping because I'm a non-believer and we won't be celebrating Christmas. (tongue in cheek).

.....I believe in The FA Cup instead.
  • Options
    why aren't you there jimmy if you love it so much
  • Options
    why aren't you there jimmy if you love it so much
    I'm changing nappies 1000 miles away. I'll be at Walsall instead.