Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will We Get To 50 Points By Christmas?

Now we are guaranteed to be top of the table come Christmas Day , ( I like the Sound of Charlton being Christmas Number 1! ) with a Home game v Oldham , and an Away game v Walsall , can we get to 50 Points by Christmas?

Would be an amazing achievement if we could.

I must confess i had us down to pick up 4 points from Preston @ Home , Brentford Away , & Huddersfield @ home , and we got 9!!

Comments

• Options
    Can't see us getting anything other than maximum points from those games .
  • Options
    Oldham is a nailed on draw. As it is every time we play them at home.
  • Options
    Difficult not to get carried away but let's not get carried away, Walsall & Oldham seem like 2 x 3 points but then so did Stevenage........mind you I suppose it's CPs job to prevent the players taking them for granted whereas the supporters YES 6 more points ;-)  
  • Options
    Even if we only win one of them, when we play Oldham, Sheff Weds play Huddersfield so one of them, possibly both won't be picking up three points. 
  • Options
    can't see why we can't get 4 from 6. Six from six and I think we'll be ten points clear at Xmas.
  • Options
    I'd take four points from those two games and a Boxing Day win...
  • Options
    Oldham is a nailed on draw. As it is every time we play them at home.
    There's only one Athletic!
  • Options
    Don't forget Oldham beat Huddersfield last night, they are no mugs.
  • Options
    I reckon we'll be on exactly 50. When was the last time we were top at Crimbo btw?
  • Options
    can see us getting to 50 by christmas 1 win and 1 draw. easily achievable lets just not go into these next two games too over confident.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And I thought there were only 2 certainties in life...... but now there's a third....CAFC top of the league at Xmas
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    can't see why we can't get 4 from 6. Six from six and I think we'll be ten points clear at Xmas.
    If we win both games, then we'll be at least 9 points clear at Christmas as Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield still have to play each other.
  • Options

If we win both games, then we'll be at least 9 points clear at Christmas as Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield still have to play each other.
    If the Wendy's win both games and so do we, we're not 9 points clear.
  • Options
    Easily
  • Options
    Clear of third. I don't know. Basically, the gap between us and the play-off places increases whatever the result of that game. :-)
  • Options
    min 10 clear of third I beleive if we win both our games a Wed play Hudds don't they?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mathematically guaranteed to be in the top 2 for (minimum) all but 560 minutes of the rest of this year
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    mathematically guaranteed to be in the top 2 for all but 560 minutes of the rest of this year
    I'll take your word for it!  :-0

Sounds like another bodmas equation coming !