Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are the Wendys the most unrealistic supporters?

2»

Comments

• Options
    One Aim.
    You taking up Darts Dazzler?  ;-0
  • Options
    I really don't care. Fans can believe anything they want.

Some give it large, and others seem reasonable. I think that even goes for fans of the same club. Those who post on here general are quite reasonable and constructive. Those who post on other sites can come over much more strident. In the end birds of a feather flock together

Its what happens on the pitch that counts. At present I cannot imagine a better start to the season with a team, more committed than the one that our hero Chrissy has built. If things go on as they are the table wont lie at the end of the season.

• Options
    last 15 games same form as us, 11 wins 3 draws and a loss, wouldn't write them off just yet, even if their fans are deluded
  • Options
    Fug em. Don't give a sh*t what they think. We're doing our talking on the pitch at the moment and that'll do for me.

P 7 ; W 7 ; D 0 ; L 0 ; F 22 ; A 3.

Jeez, the only time we've conceded in the last five games we were 5-1/5-0 up at the time. They can shove that up their tawny arses!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If Stevenage hadn't beaten us, they would be saying will will have our poor run when we finally get beaten. they are clutching at straws I'm afraid- yes better than I thought they would be but I already know who the top two will be and they arene't one of them.
  • Options
    Haven't been on Owlstalk but I remember on this forum a couple of years back we effectively had two camps - one camp accused the other of being negative whilst the other was labelled as deluded. Maybe on Owlstalk they just have the one positive, happy camp? Further to fall if they don't make it of course, but plenty of good vibes to contribute to the team effort nonetheless :o)
  • Options
    Yes, It doesn't hurt the team if supporters are positive does it? Even if they are too positive. Good point!
  • Options
    if wednesday are better than us why would none of their first 11 get in ours? they're very deluded.
  • Options
    They have a good (all be it uninspiring) manager, and they have managed, to win 11 and draw 3 of their last 16 games (following two defeats in their first three).

The table excluding those first three games looks like this:

PWDLCSFtSFAGDPtPPG
    1Charlton Athletic161141613513+22372.31
    2Sheffield Wednesday161132513120+11362.25
    3Huddersfield Town161051613414+20352.19
    I would think they have a right to be taken seriously, especially as those sixteen games includes playing at The Valley, where they drew. If they can beat us at home and mirror our results between now and then (which they have pretty much been doing since the 16th August) then their form over the period, excluding the first three games, would be better than ours.

Clearly we are 7 points in front, and that does make us favourites at this point, but it is terribly arrogant for us to be rubbishing their fans aspirations when we are, realistically, only way out in front of them because it took them three games to settle into the season and we managed to win our first three games.