Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

9,062 !!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options

If you ain't been mugged over by a company like Lacoste or Ralph Lauren, you're nobody.
    Can't knock a decent Ralph polo or jumper...Lacoste polo's have gone to the dogs though.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

redlanered - I don't want to change our club that much that will attract those that don't know, understand or want to be who we are.

It'll happen though. It's slowly changing.

When you say "it's slowly changing", do you mean the Millwall culture (I.e. More fans who don't understand)? I'm genuinely interested.

As a UK citizen I might think differently, but as a CAFC fan, any signal that Spanners prefer to keep as they are works to our advantage, as it has every day since 1992. Lion, I'm sure you are like other Millwall fans I know - reasonable and balanced. But we know that the reputation/culture deters floating fans, and yes I'm more than happy for them to come to The Valley. I've paid my dues as part of a small hardcore, and don't wish to go back there
  • Options
    Maybe our attendance on Saturday will be nothing to crow about.
  • Options
    The thing is, they get decent crowds for weekend games yet not for midweek ones, I thought they were all local? They can also fill half of Wembley quite easily.
  • Options

Night games we're too busy mugging, dealing & spinning drums.

• Options
    The thing is, they get decent crowds for weekend games yet not for midweek ones, I thought they were all local? They can also fill half of Wembley quite easily.

Parole terms...
  • Options

@redlanered

Millwall is just changing. Along with the massive regeneration they will definitely start to target & attract more floating fans, which will affect you. I can't see Millwall ever being as successful at it as you were, but eventually the home crowds will be more sanitised, family friendly etc as many other grounds.

Away followings will still be the same though I reckon, you can't just make new fans feel that strongly about a team for them to start following you everywhere.

• Options

With all that regeneration I suggest you learn Polish SLL or maybe a local Nigerian dialect.  This link should help you and no need to thank me.

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=nigeria

• Options
    Given the choice- any decent person is going to choose Charlton over Millwall. Not saying that most millwall fans aren't decent but your reputation goes before you. The ones attracted to millwall will be the ones we don't want.
  • Options

9,062 is very poor for a Championship sidebut is anyone surprised anymore, It seems that every fortnight there is a thread on here about their attendance.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall struggle to get season ticket holders and rely on a 'turn up' on the day punters. This year is their best year for ST's in ages. Their fans can't be arsed to turn up to see Donny but will go to the bigger games like Leeds and Cardiff. Bet they sell out for the palarse return fixture. Before we crow too much they usually have a bigger away following than us..
  • Options
    Before we crow too much they usually have a bigger away following than us..
    Depends who they're playing...
  • Options
     Before we crow too much they usually have a bigger away following than us..
    No they don't.
  • Options

Given the choice- any decent person is going to choose Charlton over Millwall. Not saying that most millwall fans aren't decent but your reputation goes before you. The ones attracted to millwall will be the ones we don't want.

If you wish to solely concentrate on the violent side of our reputation then fair enough. There's also a well respected reputation of being passionate, creating noise and supporting our team.

Some people don't just concentrate on the negatives but look at the positives too. Hence why so many friends at work ask me to take them Millwall. To say that those attracted to following Millwall are only interested in the violence is a bit naive - & my previous comments about the club slowly changing clearly shows there are plenty of "decent" people who, when given the choice, are choosing Millwall over Charlton.

• Options
    Millwall struggle to get season ticket holders and rely on a 'turn up' on the day punters. This year is their best year for ST's in ages. Their fans can't be arsed to turn up to see Donny but will go to the bigger games like Leeds and Cardiff. Bet they sell out for the palarse return fixture. Before we crow too much they usually have a bigger away following than us..
    But this used to be the case for us too, we've had seasons where we've had crowds of 4000 and 25000
  • Options
    You bunch of sad fuckers, whats it got to do with charlton what the millwall attendance is, say charlton are the bigger club when what league are they in while palace and millwall are in the championship, and you bunch of saddos are sitting on here making these jelousy threads while neither of them give a shit about charlton. AT the end of the day it ain't about quantity, its about quality and 9,000 at millwall out sings a million charlton fans so sort it out you bunch of tossers!
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/9393431.What_is_it_that_makes_Millwall_and_Palace_fans_so_different_/

Agreed with most of that. 
    TBH I don't really have much against Millwall. I am from Bermondsey and understand that they have their place in South London and we have ours. Different outlooks, history and fans. I, like a few from the area with no previous ties, took at look at both clubs and decided that Charlton were the club for me. Some will choose Millwall instead. 
    Palace however are a complete joke and should be relocated closer to their bum chums Brighton on the south coast.
  • Options
    What's it got to do with anything what we want to discuss on a forum! And the sad one is the one who comes on here pretending to be a Charlton fan lol. The truth hurts!
  • Options

came on here to tell you lot what a bunch of wankers you are tho!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Do one
  • Options

Thankyou for your thoughtful insight.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Did you enjoy your day off today Connor?
  • Options
    And they wonder why they get low attendances?
  • Options
    edited November 2011

What happened to our cnut filter Admin ?   (Thanks to ooaah for my new favorite Spanner term...)

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Charming! The feeling's mutual CAFC_Connor and has been for 50 years you pathetic moron.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Classic Spanner move... "Right I am gonna sign up to CL and give them Trainspotters a good verbal pasting" "Now, a devious name to get past that trickey admin security"  (checks the name tag his probation officer has sewn into the back of his hoodie) "Connor it is, now how do I make sure the Feds dont suss me, I can't let the firm darn" "RIGHT !!!!  CAFC_Connor it is,  OR Connor_CAFC... "   scratches his head and shouts downstairs, "Mum ?"
  • Options
    What a knob Connor is !!! Millwall mug !
  • Options
    Cafc Connor somes the millwall lot up. Well majority of them anyway
  • Options

And now you're banned. Well played. I bet you had a wank about your "heroism".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!