Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic in for Morrison?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Think he's much more likely to have been there looking at Rhodes.

• Options

Unless he was planning to 'swoop' for Gary Doherty?
  • Options
    Selling your best players in January would be daft , we done that with Andy Reid and look where that got us!
    I think Scott Parker (without the drama of him refusing to play etc) is even more relevant
  • Options
    2+2= total bullshit
  • Options
    Had it been the Kerminator i would not be surprised.
  • Options

I think that the one that we may struggle to keep will be Wiggins........but not until the summer. He's got premiership written all over him, depends how quickly he wants to get there.

• Options
    We will see players depart - that is part of the strategy behind the club which is running at a £4-5m annual loss. I can't see that our new owners are going to tolerate that kind of loss for anything more than one or two years at best without wheeling and dealing a bit. However if Wiggins leaves we have Evina to come in and mid-term maybe players like Poyet and Cousins will be in contention for the first XI.
  • Options
    Let's get used to this, people. Suddenly we (once again) have players that other/'bigger' teams could use. That doesn't mean that every bit of stupid speculation must be true.

The management needs to know whiuch offers to accept - good point above re Wiggins. He would be easier to replace than BWP for example.
  • Options

Unless he was planning to 'swoop' for Gary Doherty?

At least he would look good again in the SPL. It did wonders for Majid Beghera and he was crap also.
  • Options
    Hes far too good for the pub league that is the spl,cant see them being able to pay much more,definitely not if we go up next season.Days when a move north of the border was to better yourself are long gong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think that the one that we may struggle to keep will be Wiggins........but not until the summer. He's got premiership written all over him, depends how quickly he wants to get there.

Footballers and their tattoos!
  • Options
    Morrison is staying at Charlton end of.
  • Options
    Lennon shopping at Morrisons?
  • Options
    He will more likely be shopping at lidls.
  • Options
    What do you mean ......Lidl Chris Solly?
  • Options
    Made me chuckle
  • Options
    It asda be Wiggins
  • Options
    Morrison is good enough for the Championship easily.  With age on his side he's at the very least in the milloion pound bracket as a Champ player so we should hold on to him.

Agree Wiggy is premiership quality but I am hopeful he will stay with us and give us a crack at getting there with him.  If we go up and then consolidate I'd expect he'll move on.

BWP is loyal to us and he and Yann are getting a good understanding going on - I really want to keep that going and expect the board will too.  Strike pairings are a rare commodity and the little and large thing will be lovely in the Champ next year.
  • Options
    I might accept 5 million for Morros laces.
  • Options
    He'd never be going to Celtic.

load of rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will see players depart - that is part of the strategy behind the club which is running at a £4-5m annual loss. I can't see that our new owners are going to tolerate that kind of loss for anything more than one or two years at best without wheeling and dealing a bit. However if Wiggins leaves we have Evina to come in and mid-term maybe players like Poyet and Cousins will be in contention for the first XI.
    Agreed that this is our approach.
  • Options

Agreed that this is our approach.

Agree also. I think the policy is to get in young decent quality players with potential. Improve them. Get something out of them whilst doing so and then make a profit and repeat.

• Options
    I think it's pretty obvious where this link has come from - Lennon used to play for Leicester.  Morrison used to play for Leicester.  Therefore, Morrison wants to take a backwards step and ruin his career.
  • Options
    More like the truth is Lennon went to look at Rhodes who is also a Scottish U21 and because Morro marked him out the game the media have done their usual trick to still have a story.

CAFC are not going to sell him for 500 grand. If we were talking a couple of million who knows the club might then be tempted.  Celtic like Scottish football is broke so that isn't likely either.
  • Options
    Do one Lennon, you snivelling ginger gutter rat
  • Options
    Hands off Morrison. It is a number of seasons since we had a decent centre back pairing, we don't want to lose that know.

In any case, why would we want to sell Morrison now in league one ? Promotion looks a good possibility (not counting chickens, one game at a time etc) and we would expect more money being a championship club.

Morrison is definitely championship standard and he has got to stay at the club.