Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'What is it that makes Millwall and Palace fans so different?" article on Newshopper

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've never known a Palace fan, do they even exist?
    They'll all be coming out of the closet this morning.
    Already had 2 on my Man U mate's FB. 
    Niether were at that game or any other this season. Or last. 
    Of all the clubs to now glory hunt with....
  • Options
    Indeed, Tango.  Imagine standing at a bus stop for 15 years waiting for to be picked up....they must be overjoyed that one is apparently coming now.  Not only that, there is a guarantee of a seat because no bugger else will be on it!

It might be that because I first started going to Charlton every week when we were are Shitehurst Park, but I have always had a greater loathing for the stripey horrors of Croydon than for the spanners.  Some of what is in that article rings true as I just can't take them seriously.  Millwall don't generally go around thinking they are a 'big club' and seem content with what they are (for better or worse given that they attract some proper nobheads due to their reputation, although most spanners I have met have been fine), but Palace are truly deluded and some of them honestly do think that they are 'number one in South London', which is laughable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, this is what I said about the article in a different thread: 

Agreed with most of that. 
    TBH I don't really have much against Millwall. I am from Bermondsey and understand that they have their place in South London and we have ours. Different outlooks, history and fans. I, like a few from the area with no previous ties, took at look at both clubs and decided that Charlton were the club for me. Some will choose Millwall instead. 
    Palace however are a complete joke and should be relocated closer to their bum chums Brighton on the south coast.  

Also agree with Dizzle in that I have one friend who's brother supports Palace, but isn't really interested in football. And apart from him I have met only one other Palace "fan".
  • Options
    I hate Palace.  No time for Millwall either but at least you can respect a Spanner.  Palarse, void of history, identity, class.  Their ground with one decent stand, a shit load of wood and portakabins and a supermarket at one end. 

They're a bit like the bloke at work who goes round boasting about what he's done.  If it's really worth something it will speak for itself mate, you're talking vacuous shite. Support Palace do ya?  

etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've never known a Palace fan, do they even exist?
    They'll all be coming out of the closet this morning.
    Already had 2 on my Man U mate's FB. 
    Niether were at that game or any other this season. Or last. 

Of all the clubs to now glory hunt with....

Deja vu - I grew up in Greater London (alright, Surrey) and there were never any Palace fans to be seen until they beat Liverpool in that FA Cup semi final.

They are a 'glory club' for mouthy people who, deep down, actually hate themselves

• Options

Wouldn't want to be either of them. I always see us as somewhere between the 2 extremes. Millwall with a reluctance to change anda  phobia of all things new and palace who look for every new fad and gimic they can. I like to think we get it about right and have a broad spectrum of all types at the Valley and are quite comfortable with what we're all about.

• Options

The Nigels cannot understand why no one likes them while the other lot don't care.

• Options

They are 'glory club' for mouthy people who, deep down, actually hate themselves

Brilliant!

Where I grew up there was a mixture of all 3. The milllwall fans thought they were tough and the palace fans were strange and had delusions of glandular, the palace fans did usually go to games though whereas the millwall fans usually didn't. I did prefer either to the plastic Liverpool, Man Utd and arsenal fans who had never seen a game.
  • Options

Millwall or Palace? Thats the easiest decision in the world for me. My mates are Millwall and from time to time I go down there. On speking with their fans its clear they like us and hate Palace. People there all know i'm a Charlton fan and its good natured. Thats how it should be with us two I think. Palace fans on the other hand are rats.

• Options
    Im with ljm29, never had any problems with Millwall fans, they tend to look for our results, gentle leg pull if we lose but all good natured, Palace I cant stand on everylevel, I mean, your either red or blue, not both, perhaps only Barca pull that off and I dont much care for them either.....

Palace are a joke and the Ultra thing is embarrasing, really embarrasing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just pulled one about being a nigel on facebook,ormy will be as surprised as me that there was one at our school,kept that quiet

Do you mean Suleman Ceres?

There was another Palace fan in the year below us, stocky black kid, can't remember his name though.

Can't remember any Millwall either, we made sure that BP was a CAFC school!

• Options
    yes so he is a real nigel?
  • Options

Thought Millwall didn't care about them, it's pretty scathing though.

Slightly surprised this is an article in a newspaper....
    Why the surprise? We cover Millwall and it is a weekly blog about Millwall written by our Millwall supporting blogger. We have a Charlton and Palace blogger as well.