Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best boozer in Orpington/Kent area

Comments

• Options
    Good choice.
  • Options
    Good choice.
    Thanks. What's there best drink ? ;)
  • Options
    Not sure what they have in there now, haven't been for a while.
  • Options
    What about the Ramblers Rest, Chistlehurst?
  • Options
    my mate at work is a bit of a legend at the 5 bells - he'll know what beers they have, i'll ask him wednesday and report back
  • Options
    my mate at work is a bit of a legend at the 5 bells - he'll know what beers they have, i'll ask him wednesday and report back
    Cheers pal

• Options
    It's not that end of the borough Rob, think the thread was targeting Orpington, Chelsfield, Eynsford etc.

As discussed on another thread The Ramblers has turned into a bit of a dive of late anyhow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wow awesome thread, just moved to Orpington from Bromley myself and am near the massive 24hr Tesco. Bloody Tesco sells everything and is destroying my bank balance, went in for bread the other day - came out with a free-sat box!..

Been told only decent pubs are a little way away, green street green often gets mentioned?? Either way, it seems that any decent pub is a 20-40min walk or a bus ride away which is a bit of a shame...

Guess i'll be giving The Cricketer's/Bull and Five Bells a try then..

Can't find "The Bull" on Sandy lane though, have driven up and down sandy lane on google street view and can't see it? This is the sandy lane near The Cricketers right?

I can say that "The Maxwell" is not great... :)

• Options
    The Five Bells is more like 10 minutes away. Nice little pub, just off the dual carriageway leading to the a21
  • Options
    I found a review for The Cricketers, 3 pints out of 5, probably the best in Orpington then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Five Bells is more like 10 minutes away. Nice little pub, just off the dual carriageway leading to the a21
    It's 2miles from the War Memorial on Orpington High-Street so approx 40minute walk, but the R3 Bus seems to go that way...
  • Options
    Didn't realise you meant walking! There's a bus stop just at the junction where the r3 stops. Would take a right and be a 5 minute walk into the village
  • Options

Wow awesome thread, just moved to Orpington from Bromley myself and am near the massive 24hr Tesco. Bloody Tesco sells everything and is destroying my bank balance, went in for bread the other day - came out with a free-sat box!..

Been told only decent pubs are a little way away, green street green often gets mentioned?? Either way, it seems that any decent pub is a 20-40min walk or a bus ride away which is a bit of a shame...

Can't find "The Bull" on Sandy lane though, have driven up and down sandy lane on google street view and can't see it? This is the sandy lane near The Cricketers right?

I stand to be corrected but if I'm thinking of the correct Bull it is actually in Main Road but almost on the junction with Sandy Lane.
  • Options

There ain't much in the high street from what I've seen & all the pikies are being moved up so they are now hitting the pubs further up like The Buff, Rose & Crown etc. Or so I'm told by the locals!

• Options

I stand to be corrected but if I'm thinking of the correct Bull it is actually in Main Road but almost on the junction with Sandy Lane.
    Correct, on the mini roundabout, end of Main Road (if approaching from Homebase end)
  • Options
    I live about 30 seconds away from it very convenient, the old landlord was a massive Charlton fan unfortunately cancer got the better of him. When he had it , it was a top top pub.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited December 2011
    It's not that end of the borough Rob, think the thread was targeting Orpington, Chelsfield, Eynsford etc. As discussed on another thread The Ramblers has turned into a bit of a dive of late anyhow.
    Ah haa! Got it. Thx.  :-) By the way. Shame about the Ramblers if it's a dive now.
  • Options
    I live about 30 seconds away from it very convenient, the old landlord was a massive Charlton fan unfortunately cancer got the better of him. When he had it , it was a top top pub.
    Which boozer?
  • Options
    the bull
  • Options
    The bull, the cricketer or ramblers now that is the question!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mate Dennis is the best boozer in Orpington....or have I misunderstood?
  • Options
    Cheers pal
    Doombar and Courage Best are always on. At the moment Harveys and Tribute as well - xmas day he said there will be 5 or 6 good ales on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is the one I'm going to give a go!
  • Options
    Looking for a nice cosy country to go ...
    Someone's seeing a married bird....

She takes the ring off does that still count ;)

• Options
    The Bo Peep, Chelsfield.
    The Bo Peep gets my vote. Tucked away, good food, cosy and intimate. 
  • Options
    Christmas eve drink, five bells? We saying?
  • Options

Bit late to the party, but Jolly Woodman in Beckenham, always plenty of ales and a dart board. Saying that the Red Lion in Bromley Village (don't laugh), i.e. Bromley North, is half decent, that's my local.

One last bit of work to do and then off for a pint. Happy Christmas.

COYR.

• Options
    The Red Lion won an award for best pub in greater London a few years back.

BTW, you're going to confuse a lot of inhabitants of Medway by mentioning pubs in Bromley/Beckenham when asked about Orpington!
  • Options
    Haha I think I will give the five bells a go!
  • Options
    The Gordon Arms, Chislehurst.