Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Fight Of Their Lives

2»

Comments

• Options
    Let's be honest, McClellan was a nasty human being who would probably have felt absolutely no remorse if the boot was on the other foot. That fight was his judgement day in more ways than one.
    Agreed.  Anyone who tapes the mouth of a Labrador dog and then lets his pit bull lose to rip it to pieces cant be a nice bloke.    Karma
  • Options

Stunning documentary of which nobody really comes of it well . 
    I love boxing but this programme really showed how it can be a very , very dark sport.

Dark certainly. Sport not. IMHO.
    Then you have no idea what sport is then! IMHO
  • Options

Just caught up with it on ITV player. Benn, Eubank, Watson, McClellan, warriors. Never liked Eubank and his strutting and posturing though.

http://www.itv.com/sport/

Eubank was class and had as much heart as Benn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boxing has always had its dark side, well before the bafoon that is Don King.

Loved Benn a fighter rather than a boxer though. Anyone remember when the Evening Gooner put a picture of Benn in it when they were looking for a mugger ! maybe they should have had a headline *Nigel Who ?"
  • Options
    Let's be honest, McClellan was a nasty human being who would probably have felt absolutely no remorse if the boot was on the other foot. That fight was his judgement day in more ways than one.
    Agreed.  Anyone who tapes the mouth of a Labrador dog and then lets his pit bull lose to rip it to pieces cant be a nice bloke.    Karma
    Agreed, don't know how someone could do that.
  • Options
    Agreed, don't know how someone could do that.
    I thought that at the time too and if true then i agree, but don't forget it was his nutjob of a trainer Johnson who mentioned it in the program. Didn't seem like someone you could trust!
  • Options

his sister admitted to it and apologised for forgivness on his behalf.

• Options
    His sister admitted to dog fighting, not the labrador bit
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dog fighting in general is bad enough to make him unlikeable
  • Options
    I agree but it is the labrador part that is getting to people and it's only his trainer's word, which imo doesn't count for much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont agree with what he did in the past but seeing him now is upsetting, you cant help but feel sorry for him. He's lucky though that he has caring sisters that have looked after him for nearly 16 years.