Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

bank charges

2»

Comments

• They are in fact allowed up to 40 days to send you your data. It does not affect your actual credit rating although they may put something on your personal file which may affect future lending with them exclusively, like 'difficult customer' or such like. Don't know anyone who has had their account shutdown although I am told this does happen occasionally as an act of spite, pathetic really.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]would this affect your credit rating? has anyone whos been sucsessfull had their account shut down?

not that i no of, althou the banks never conseed that they r wrong they just say its a gesture of good will that they pay you back

it doesn't affect your credit ratin either, and basically they don't wanna shut down your account cos they still want your business
  • edited February 2007
    Chaps (and Chapesses),

You can probably guess where I work from the content of this post! As such, I'll be removing it tonight.
  • I have already submitted my claim for my Current Account, will be doing the same for my Credit Cards shortly.

Thing is the Banks are all gonna get it all back anyway when they start charging us a monthly fee for using their services.
  • Thanx for the update fella,just awaiting my statements n then i'll be demanding a full refund :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have already submitted my claim for my Current Account, will be doing the same for my Credit Cards shortly.

Thing is the Banks are all gonna get it all back anyway when they start charging us a monthly fee for using their services.

They'll start charging, but, just like your gas and electricity supplies, if you keep on top of the situation you'll always find someone offering either cheap or free services - it'll just mean having to change your bank every so often.
  • more info here:

http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_campaigns/money/campaigns/Banking%20and%20credit/Bank%20charges/bank_charges_campaign_559_74996.jsp