Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pan Am

Again, a favourite of mine (and not just because of the uniforms). Good storylines, nice good looking actors/acctresses, but (maybe) an insite to te ColdWar ?
Any pdea when Ep 7 is on BBC ?http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1826805/

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was dreadful from the three episodes I sat through. Clearly been made to try to cash in on Mad Men's success. I wanted to like it (Christina Ricci - mmmmm) but it just bored me.
  • Options
    Would have got into it but for some strange scheduling from the bbc. If it hasn't been cancelled yet it will be. Ratings are low in the usa.
  • Options
    I wanted to get into this series, but watched the first episode and decided I couldn't spare the time. A friend of mine, who is even older than me, dated a Pan Am stewardess in the 1960s and still has one of her uniforms in his wardrobe. His comment was that the pilots were too young and good-looking, but otherwise it was ok.
  • Options
    What Leroy said worth watching for her and the ad where they all walk to the plane mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016c1yf/characters/maggie-ryan

For You Leroy  ;-)
    Growl

Even though she's got a foreheed like Beeker and eyes like a fish, there's something ridiculously alluring about her.
  • Options
    Christina Ricci and Reece Witherspoon were filming in the City a few years back, and the film company were using the upstars of The Kings Stores as the resting place for them and the crew in between shots. Witherspoon stayed upstairs on her own whilst Ricci came down and talked with us plebs, nicked a couple of ciggies and was generally very nice. She is much better looking in real life.
  • Options
    Saw one - utter drivel.
  • Options
    Such a big thing was made of this over here in the US.....they were teasing it on ABC for months. But it launched and within 3 weeks ratings crashed.

All style no substance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I enjoyed it.
    ;-)
  • Options
    those delicious young women !!!!!! .. I'm Pammy ... fly me n try me !!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm a little bit in love with the French one....
  • Options
    That pic doesn't do her justice. It's the whole package (including the accent) that does it for me :o)
  • Options
    Saw two episodes, enjoyed it as a bit of non-taxing entertainment, and of course the delightful young ladies. Women knew how to dress then...
  • Options
    Looks like it has been suspended after episode 8...

I watch it because I used to have a stewardess girlfriend and liked the life they led, but I find the story lines really limp. I'm glad to hear Christina Ricci looks better in real life because I was wondering what all the fuss was about. I don't know whether it was different then but crew never flew together in a permanent team like its portrayed here.

Mad Men it isn't, more's the pity
  • Options
     I don't know whether it was different then but crew never flew together in a permanent team like its portrayed here.

Your turn with the anorak then Richard... ;-)

• Options
    He may have an anorak, but I think he's right. I was amazed to learn recently that a pilot and co-pilot could meet for the first time in the cockpit of an aeroplane just prior to take-off.
  • Options
    According to IMDB, episode 10 has an air-date scheduled for 8th January (ep.9 was aired in early December before the Xmas mid-season break)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Up to episode 5 on sky + and yes it's non-taxing but quite enjoyable.

Even if just for the girls and the 707s.... planespotter alert!
  • Options
    Yay !! Back on BBC2 on Saturday night (better than the FL Show !).