Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird Songs

2»

Comments

• Options
    I always liked Syd Barretts 'Vegetable Man' but the Pink Floyd wouldn't release it, which is a great pity as it would have been the first punk single about ten years before the sex Pistols et al. (You can listen to it on You Tube' )
    'Scream thy last scream' is arguably even weirder.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the song at the end of Stone Temple Pilots' second album, that is recorded by a Johnny Mathis obsessed nutcase who they found wandering the streets one day? Or the last song on Kyuss' second album called 'Yeah', which is three seconds long, consisting of a slide bass note and John Garcia saying 'Yeah'? Or Tom Waits' 'What's He Building In There' (a spoken word piece about a bloke who lives in a shed and the paranoid reactions of his neighbour? Or every single one of Mr Bungle's songs on 'Disco Volante'?
  • Options
    Plenty of weird stuff from the fifties...

Try Transfusion by Nervous Norvus, She Said by Hasil Adkins, Rockin' out the blues by The Musical Linn twins Love me by The Phantom or Rubber Room by Porter Waggoner...
  • Options
    Definitely not safe for work but very appropriate for this forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YSVRt3x6I
  • Options
    John Wayne is Big Leggy anyone?
  • Options
    Fish Heads?

just weird!
  • Options
    Well how about 'Toast' by Paul Young.  A song celebrating....toast.
  • Options
    Well how about 'Toast' by Paul Young.  A song celebrating....toast.
    Only "A little piece of......"
  • Options

Gong .....Slow goes the goose

• Options
    MacArthur Park  "someone left the cake out in the rain" ... and that's one of the more sensible lines!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird Al Yankovic – Weasil Stomping Day
    Blah Blah Blah – Central Park
    Philip Glass – Einstein on the Beach
    Isoa Tomita - Golliwog's Cakewalk
    Warm Leatherette – The Normal
    Nick Mason – I'm a Mineralist (but the whole of the Fictitious Sports album is wonderfully weird)
    Defuser – World Suicide
    The Damned – Lovely Money
    Bad Manners – Scruffy The Tugboat
    Surfin Bird – The Trashmen and later The Cramps

Anything by White Noise but especially Hear Come The Fleas and My Game of Loving
    Anything by Throbbing Gristle