Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Referees and Charlton

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
There seem to be some god awful referees at the Valley these days, not just for us.  However, yesterday from the off Oldham were at the referee and it seemed to work.

Whilst unpleasant successful teams seem to always on top of the referee from pre match through the match and post match.  Of course the prime example of this is Man U and Fergie,but aren't we too nice should'nt we be risking the odd dissent card and get in the refs face from the off?  Or is that not the Charlton way?

Comments

• Options
    Not the charlton way... Hate seeing players surround the ref like a rash.

But however if it works and gets you promoted in the long run... Then sure go for it !
  • Options

There seem to be some god awful referees at the Valley these days, not just for us.  However, yesterday from the off Oldham were at the referee and it seemed to work.

Whilst unpleasant successful teams seem to always on top of the referee from pre match through the match and post match.  Of course the prime example of this is Man U and Fergie,but aren't we too nice should'nt we be risking the odd dissent card and get in the refs face from the off?  Or is that not the Charlton way?
    Oldham giving the ref verbals?  - With Paul Dickov as manager . Never !
  • Options
    In the 3rd division you are never going to get a lot of good officials.

Just get promoted then we get better officials.
  • Options
    Oldham's two centre midfielders were both competing for the Michael Brown Yapping at the Ref Award yesterday!

Not sure how I'd feel about us doing it every game, but if it got us a penalty and a member of the opposition sent off every week I'd probably come round to the idea.
  • Options

Given a choice of refs. I'd have the one's in this league to the ones  we had when last in The Prem.

Graham Poll, Rob Styles, Mike Reilly  - all complete cocks.

Most refs are average at best, whatever league you are in.

There was only one Collina, he was the best.

• Options
    One of the reasons i never really took to bailey; always yapping away. It just looks pathetic after a bit....
  • Options
    I loved John Robinson but it was so frustrating when he used to get booked for mouthing off at the Ref. I'm not too sure Curbs appreciated it either.
  • Options
    This is similar to my favourite complaint that my queue in the Supermarket always moves the slowest. Basically most Referees below the Premiership make mistakes, and do not meet what should be a required standard. Some of their Assistants come to us direct from St Dunstans. We can afford to pay players ludicrous sums of money, but unfortunately the people running the FA obviously have their own agenda when it comes to improving the game in basic ways. Unfortunately we supporters are the mugs of football. 
  • Options

Is that St Dunstans college in Catford?

Prague_Addick will be pleased!!

• Options
    I loved John Robinson but it was so frustrating when he used to get booked for mouthing off at the Ref. I'm not too sure Curbs appreciated it either.
    I read somewhere that Curbs gave an automatic week's wages fine to any player booked for dissent. Not sure how true that was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Their no. 11 should definitely have been booked again and sent off.

Dickov was at the referee all game as well and the linesman which is why they got the throw in decision near the end I think.

He was a poor referee on Saturday.

• Options
    their forward stayed on his feet late on when if he'd have tumbled it was a definite penalty , we got away with one there
  • Options
    This is similar to my favourite complaint that my queue in the Supermarket always moves the slowest. Basically most Referees below the Premiership make mistakes, and do not meet what should be a required standard. Some of their Assistants come to us direct from St Dunstans.
    Very dry Granpa. lol

• Options
    I read somewhere that Curbs gave an automatic week's wages fine to any player booked for dissent. Not sure how true that was.

No idea if that was his policy, but Brian Clough fined his players far more heavily for dissent than for any other offence.

My view on refs is that the mistakes they make balance out over a season.