Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most games you have ever seen in the same day

edited December 2011 in General Charlton

I am considering going to Millwall / Palace as a neutral before the Orient game on New Years Eve . Logistically it stacks up as it is a 1pm kick off at the Den .Yes I know some on here will see this as heresy but I think it will be an interesting game.

Twice before I've seen two games in a day although on both occasions one has been non league , once was a Boxing Day when we played Portsmouth at Sell Out I went on to Fisher V Welling in the afternoon and one Good Friday I saw Barnet V Welling in the afternoon and in the evening saw the Gills play Wigan .

On the latter occasion I know someone who also saw Brentford V Fulham in the morning , so the most I've known is three .

Comments

• Options

Not close to that, but have a similar story...

10 years ago I had a Man City season ticket holder as a girlfriend (met her in Shagalluf), one day out of the blue right about when the Carling Cup 2nd round was being played she sends me an email "how do you fancy going up to see West Brom v Charlton on the Tuesday night, and then driving on up to the parents to watch Man City v Birmingham?" What a bird, what a bird!!!! We did it, both of our teams won - Euell got our winner from a Pen, City won 6-0

Anyway, I felt guilty I didn't think something like that up - so I dumped her shortly after

• Options
    correction - the Man City game was the Wednesday night!
  • Options
    Doh. The thread was about how many games you've seen live on the same day.
  • Options
    Did a Charlton reserves game at Highbury on a Tuesday afternoon and a first time game at The Valley in the evening, many moons ago.
  • Options

A neutral? No leaning either way on who'd you want to win? Or would a draw suit?

• Options
    Doh. The thread was about how many games you've seen live on the same day.
    As I said, not close to that, but similar
  • Options
    One sticks out in my mind - January 26th 1985. Rearranged game Notts County v Charlton (2nd div) in the morning then Nottingham Forest v Wimbledon FA Cup 4th round in the afternoon. Both games ended 0 - 0! Even managed to sneak on to the Wimbledon charter train on the way back and was not rude to the bloke with the clip board who asked if we wanted to book for the next away trip.
  • Options

Good Friday 1966

Morning Charlton 5-2 Preston

Afternoon Spuds 1-4 W Ham

12 goals in one day - not bad ! Next day 8 more : Chelsea 6-2 W Ham

• Options

one boxing day

orient-luton am

followed by millwall-charlton pm

• Options

Quite a few did both Notts Co v Charlton (an awful game) and Notts Forest v Wimbledon (a good game).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham v Man Utd then a dash across London just in time to see CAFC go 1v0 up against West Ham
  • Options

Bradford P.A. v Exeter afternoon, Huddersfield v Charlton evening ko in the late sixties.

• Options
    I watched all three games on sky sunday, then a Spanish one (bits of!)
  • Options
    Tried to do 3 in a day when played Huddersfield midday. Was going to Rochdale afterwards and then Peterborough at 7.45. Was scuppered by one of our number spending 30mins in the bogs throwing up at the end of the Huddersfield game.
  • Options

A neutral? No leaning either way on who'd you want to win? Or would a draw suit?

I got my tickets today with no problem , when the girl in the ticket office asked if I was a Palace fan I answered honestly.

So I would probably have a slight preference for a Millwall , but I genuinely think it will be an interesting game and a chance to catch up with a Millwall supporting friend . 

• Options
    Tried to do 3 in a day when played Huddersfield midday. Was going to Rochdale afterwards and then Peterborough at 7.45. Was scuppered by one of our number spending 30mins in the bogs throwing up at the end of the Huddersfield game.
    remember that day well, wasn't me chundering - i was stone cold sober & drove it.....
  • Options
    I've played on Hackney Marshes where it would be possible to see loads of games in the same day
  • Options
    Few years back me and Mortain (Charlton life former poster and west hamster) did Westham Millwall early KO then a quick dash back through the pipe to Charlin Bolton at the Valley. Atmosphere that day was better at the valley I shit you not! Where mortain has his st you can't here the away at all, plenty of gesticulating tho !!
  • Options
    Early '90s did VS Rugby in the morning k/o followed by Moor Green in the afternoon with Villa v Arsenal in the evening.  Tiring but very enjoyable
  • Options
    Have done 3 in a day ... welling v someone, charlton v someone and arse v palarse .... a few yrs ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Most games you have ever seen in the same day?

One.

• Options
    Have done 3 in a day ... welling v someone, charlton v someone and arse v palarse .... a few yrs ago
    That's good for someone so young.