Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Floyd Mayweather

edited December 2011 in Other Football and Sports

Been sent to Prison.

Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. was sentenced Wednesday to 90 days in jail after pleading guilty to reduced battery domestic violence and harassment charges before a Las Vegas judge.

Judge Melissa Saragosa also ordered the 34-year-old Mayweather to complete 100 hours of community service and pay a $2,500 fine.

The plea deal avoids trial on felony allegations that he hit his ex-girlfriend and threatened two of their children during an argument at her home in September 2010.

Prosecutor Lisa Luzaich told the judge Mayweather has been in trouble before and hasn't been punished.

Attorney Karen Winckler had argued that the public would benefit more if Mayweather performs 100 hours of community service with children.

She says she's considering an appeal.

Mayweather was told to report to jail Jan. 6.

Comments

• That is strange ,, is Winckler Mayweather's lawyer? .. If so then surely a plea bargain was arranged to prevent a trial and she would have known that jail was the sentence. If Winckler is the Prosecutor, then I woulda thought she'd be begging for him to go to jail as a deterrent to other wife bashers
  • anyway, another flawed genius, fantastic boxer but an ego bigger than the moon
  • Trained to fight, what do we expect! Another ego-"man", who can't grow up, drunk on his own small power.
  • The greatest boxer of his generation but no excuse for this.
    Awful behaviour. Sickens me that today his PR team have been posting various
    pics on his Facebook fan page as if to show what a nice guy he is.

• after seeing him on Cribs, how is he going to scrape the money together to pay that fine?

great fighter but so far up his own jacksie it's unreal

• great fighter but so far up his own jacksie it's unreal

Seems to go with the territory. Remember Prince Naseem?
  • great fighter but so far up his own jacksie it's unreal

Seems to go with the territory. Remember Prince Naseem?
    I think boxers should be a bit cocky and arrogant. It's all part of the sport. Beating up women isn't.