Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone remember a player from the 80s first name Adrian

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
Does anyone remember a Charlton player from the 80s whose first name was Adrian? Don't think he played too many games though!

Comments

• Options
    Try none. No Adrian played for Charlton during the 80's. Theo Foley's son played for Welling United in the 80's
  • Options
    maybe late 70s?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, not in the first team. In fact I don't think anyone called Adrian has played for the first team
  • Options
    Defensive demon at free kicks. No one could get past Adrian's Wall. 
  • Options
    ok mate thanks, I've found a couple of youngsters one in 98 and one in 2003 but neither made the 1st team and the one in 98 was a New Zealand international!

Never mind C.Walshes Lovechild is drinking with a fella that seems to be telling porkies!
  • Options
    ha, it seems my mates mate might have embellished his stories that he has been telling
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ha, it seems my mates mate might have embellished his stories that he has been telling

I had this on my honeymoon back in 2001, got put on a table at dinner with a mid-40's English couple (we are Aussies) and the male half announced as his introduction that he "used to be a pro footballer in England."

"Really?" I said, "Who for?"

"Charlton Athletic," he replied.

I had no choice but to expose him as a bullshitter, by the end he was reduced to claiming that he had only played for the first team "once or twice!"
  • Options
    Adrian deane? Played for Ireland u21's as well I believe
  • Options
    does he fit the 70s early 80s bracket?
  • Options
    Adrian deane? Played for Ireland u21's as well I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    does he fit the 70s early 80s bracket?
    No
  • Options
    Expose the fraudster in front of the whole pub mate!
  • Options
    ok mate thanks, I've found a couple of youngsters one in 98 and one in 2003 but neither made the 1st team and the one in 98 was a New Zealand international!

Never mind C.Walshes Lovechild is drinking with a fella that seems to be telling porkies!

Adrian Webster is the Kiwi. Ended up at Orient and Welling

• Options
    Adrian Foley son of Theo ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adrian Mole. He was around in the 80's. Just had a look in his diary..........." Saturday 25th Sept. The gaffer still not picked me to play. I'm beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with my severe acne problem.........................."