Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sports Personality Of The Year

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
Mark Cavendish won this years Sports Personality Of The Year.

REALLY wasn't expecting this.

Comments

• Options
    Well deserved. Really pleased for him.

Also pleased for Mo Farah, always seems a nice person. 
  • Options
    Who else could it have been?
  • Options

Riding a bike sport? Oh pleeeeeaaaasssseeee!!!!

Pathetic programme.

• Options
    Mark who?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Easily the most successful athlete in the UK.

Thoroughly deserved.

Mark who? Pathetic.
  • Options
    Would have been shocked if he did not win it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Pathetic programme.

Says the Jonny Vegas lookalike ....
  • Options
    Luke Donald should've won
  • Options
    With 3 golfers on the list not one of them could win, the golf vote was split. Do away with a top10 list and let people vote by post for whoever. Just like it used to be. Is money involved now....?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    McIlroy should've got second place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Easily the most successful athlete in the UK.

Thoroughly deserved.

Mark who? Pathetic.
    Still never heard of him. So he rides a push bike . Is that a sport? ;-)

Good for him anyway . At least it wasn't Mr Personality himself , Andy Murray.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rory McIlroy should have won imo.
  • Options
    I think it's right that Cavendish won - but I'm surprised he did. Obviously more cycling fans about than I thought!
    Luke Donald would have been my choice.
  • Options
    If cycling isn't a sport then what the hell is golf?? Hitting a small white ball with a stick while enjoying a gentle stroll !! COME ON !!
  • Options

Pathetic programme.

Chirpy, cycling not a sport eh? I'll tell you what, I'll give you a challenge. I'll lend you one of my bikes in the spring and you come out on one of our Sunday club rides, over say 50-60 miles, with a minimum 4,000 ft climbing over the North Downs and beyond. When you come back feeling totally destroyed, then consider what Cavendish and co have to contend with on the TdF, around 130-140 miles a day, throw in 3 or 4 mountain climbs all done at an average speed on the road that you'd struggle to maintain going DOWNHILL then they do it again the next day...and the day after...and the day after that...

Cycling not a sport. Pah. You're having a laugh.
    If cycling isn't a sport then what the hell is golf?? Hitting a small white ball with a stick while enjoying a gentle stroll !! COME ON !!

Absolutely this.
  • Options

Fully deserved winner!! Who else on that list could be described at THE BEST OF ALL TIME at what they do! And saying cycling isn't a sport is ridiculous, I would be dead riding one stage of The Tour De France!

• Options
    well done Cav, fully deserved - although so would Mo Farah.
    As for golf, it's like outside darts, pleasant enough but more a game than sport, you don't break a sweat and get some lacky to do all the heavy work.
  • Options
    Well deserved.

Quite awesome what he has achieved this year. Nothing without his team and he knows it and always tells everybody this.

Can't wait to see him in Le Tour and Olympics next year.

• Options

Cycling is clearly a sport, it's just not much of a spectator sport. Before last night I wouldn't have recognised Cavendish but he seemed very humbled by the award. He's a far more deserving winner than some of the previous incumbents.

Rowing is another tedious sport to watch but I'm sure no one would deny that Redgrave deserved it when he won it.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Last year's winner sporting a nice black eye.

Did Michael Owen smile once duting the night?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know why Rafa Benitez was in the audience? Any other bizarre guests spotted?
  • Options
    Well deserved award the man is phenominal. Is it me or would it not be a good idea if the nominees prepared something to say just in case they win? Mark rambled on until he bored himself however it was still an improvement on Zara Phillips who seemed to only be able to muster up "Amazing" embarrassing!
  • Options

All ten were worthy of being winners but 1 will get the more votes for a whatever reson.

A few years back fishing rod people decided they would vote on mass for their man. They were ignored.

• Options
    Everyone in the audience looked like they were forced to sit there at gunpoint
  • Options
    Chirpy Red Quote

Pathetic programme

What about picking up heavy things, running down the road (marathon), shooting a bow and arrow etc, pathetic comment.

• Options

All ten were worthy of being winners but 1 will get the more votes for a whatever reson.

A few years back fishing rod people decided they would vote on mass for their man. They were ignored.

I can't see how Murray would've been a worthy winner.

Personally think Luke Donald has had a fantastic year but Cavendish has been exceptional too.

• Options
    no fucker competes in these sports,up there with zara phillips,joke show
  • Options

Cav deserved it and rightly won it, I heard on the radio this morning he polled 50% of the votes and that included 4 from me :-) 

The green jersey and the world championships in the same season is emense and for a brit as well its unheard of.

• Options
    But is he a 'personality' - He's not exactly Georgie Best is he??
    I bet he's rubbish at telling jokes as well! ;o)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mark who ? ;)