Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Orient - NYE

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
It news year eve, so they might be livelier than usual, but where are people going this year and where have you been before?
Me and my mates are looking for a pub near the ground to go to, but one where you're not asked for id on the door as some aren't 18 yet. Can anyone remember from previous years where the best place to go would be?

Comments

• Options
    The one last year didn't have bouncers. Can't recall the name but it was the one Nathan was thrown out of. To be honest Folev it's going to be so busy near the ground we'll all have trouble getting in. You could try leaving your mates in the outside smoking area and bringing them beer or go away from the ground, find a nice local old man boozer and set up shop there. Otherwise I'd try towards Shoreditch and Dalston. Those trendy pubs never ID as they think everyone is a student.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Coach & Horses right by the Away End is the main pub although if you carry on wallking up the road theres a couple more.

Not sure about ID but the Coach & Horses had alot of youngsters in there. Beware some of the Stewards are cnuts outside though if they think you've had a few to many!

• Options
    can you bring kids in there?
  • Options

Think so.

• Options
    Cheers
  • Options
    cheers fella's. 
    Will probably head over to the Coach and Horses then.
  • Options
    I'd avoid the coach and horses lads, if you have a pint in your hand and our singing when the old bill walk in they will take kick you out of the area. just a warning.
  • Options
    I'd avoid the coach and horses lads, if you have a pint in your hand and our singing when the old bill walk in they will take kick you out of the area. just a warning.
    What did police come into the pub in past seasons? 
  • Options
    yes, me nathan and quite a few others got taken out and weren't allowed to go to the game.
  • Options

Shouldn't be throwing glasses at barmaids then!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coach and Horse is a decent pub on non match days, but it gets very busy a good while before kick off, there's a nice pub 5 min walk from Leytonstone Station and 10 min walk to the ground called the heathcote. 
  • Options

Shouldn't be throwing glasses at barmaids then!!

I actually know who that was that did it now.

Probs have a look around Liverpool St then might go Leytonstone/Stratford or somewhere
  • Options
    a lot of pubs around Liverpool Street won't be open as it's a business area. The Wetherspoons on the front of the station will have doormen
  • Options
    my dad just reminded me that we went somewhere called the Northcote 2 seasons back which was very quick with serving.
  • Options
    Ssssshhhhh.

If You turn Left out of Leyton Tube theres a nice boozer 3/4 mins away on the left.
  • Options
    The Birkbeck?

A fella I used to work with used to drink in there before O's home games.
  • Options
    The Birkbeck?

A fella I used to work with used to drink in there before O's home games.
    Yep.