Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plans for Xmas Eve

1) Polhill to pick up the meat

2) Breeking for me and the kids ( missus is working) cooked the boiled bacon today so Scrambled egg with boiled bacon

3) Round mums to borrow chairs, and extra bits for the masses for xmas day

4) Cemetry to lay some flowers at my nans grave who passed away in September, Joe made a lovely dinner setting arrangement for xmas day at scouts but my daughter also goes scounts so we have two. We have decided to lay one of them on my nans grave a light the candle.Neither of them came to the funeral so a chance for them to say goodbye and Merry Christmas.

5) Get home and crack on with the preparations for dinner for Christmas Day

6) Sit down with the kids cuddle , bottle of Wine and get in the mood.

SO LIFERS WHAT YOU GOT PLANNED.

Comments

• Options
    Fry up in the morning, chilling during the day then off out drinking and to a club at night.
  • Options
    Going bookies, getting some more turkey breast roast, swiss rolls and red wine then off to the gf's house to give her presents then leave for home at about 7ish
  • Options
    A bit of last minuite Christmas shopping.

Drink up my local on a Saturday night, tally ho pub :-)
  • Options
    Maybe last minute shopping then drinks in the evening at The Sydney Arms with Addick mates including one regular Lifer and missus.
  • Options

Visit 91 yr old Mum in Law at Care Home to deliver pressies

Clean the house

Prep sprouts, carrots, parsnips & spuds, make gravy base

Put out nuts, fruit, sweets ( out of reach of Timeshare dog, Jasper !)

Put pressies under tree

Lay table for next day

Devise Treasure Hunt for 3 grandkids for Xmas Day

And so to bed....

• Options
    Getting my gf's Xmas card at some point. Then a big old pub crawl from 2pm around bexleyheath in my Xmas jumper. Ending in aligor curry house tomorrow night if I make it that long
  • Options

2) Breeking for me and the kids ( missus is working) cooked the boiled bacon today so Scrambled egg with boiled bacon

4) Cemetry to lay some flowers at my nans grave who passed away in September, Joe made a lovely dinner setting arrangement for xmas day at scouts but my daughter also goes scounts so we have two. We have decided to lay one of them on my nans grave a light the candle.Neither of them came to the funeral so a chance for them to say goodbye and Merry Christmas.

Sounds a lovely day, I hope I can do something similar one day.. I'm relaxing during the day and then getting takeaway early evening down the pub for a couple drinks then home still not feeling christmassy

• Options
    Picking the mumma up and bringing her down to mine, taking her to church in the PM, haven't been for like 25 years, then ply her with booze after that.

cooking for her for the first time on Xmas day, no pressure

Still, I am sure it will be fine

Xmas is about your family, that's good enough for me.

Happy Christmas fellow Lifers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options

Sounds a lovely day, I hope I can do something similar one day.. I'm relaxing during the day and then getting takeaway early evening down the pub for a couple drinks then home still not feeling christmassy
    Cray. Cheer up mate. We all love yer.  :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Get up at Five to try and write an article in the two hours before the kids wake up
    2. Kids wake up at 5.05 to completely ruin that idea.

All on track so far :-(
  • Options
    Still to come....

3. Cemetery visit
    4. Child friendly Carol Service at church down the road
    5. Two hours deciding whether to have takeaway Chinese or Indian (havent afforded a takeaway for months but its tradition)
    6. 4 hours moaning that we choose the wrong one !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Up at 4.30 due to little man , little man joined by sister at 5.45 , wife escapes to sainsbury at 6am (she claims it's open but I think she's downstairs sleeping on the couch)

Rest of the day will be spent to stay awake

• Options
    Fry up in the morning, chilling during the day then off out drinking and to a club at night.
    Is that the saturday fry up on www.starpointradio.com, I'll be doing the Christmas Special :)

Then back to east london to marinate some mutton for the 27th.

Then nothing, lots of it

Happy christmas one and all
  • Options

Just about to have a really peaceful sloveny day whilst they go to the panto.

Wake up to find her Discovery has a puncture - do it myself or call the RAC because I can't be arsed?

• Options
    Not sure what I'm doing yet. Might be a repeat of yesterday. A bit of shopping in the morning. Back home in the afternoon to pull up some floorboards and hunt for dead mice!
  • Options
    Having a bath, getting kids ready, doing housework, going to Crib Service at church, coming home cooking gammon beef and turkey and kid's dinner. Mince pies and carrots laid out. Kids to bed more housework, my dinner, more housework husbands dinner. More housework, check kid's are asleep presents put under tree, bites out of carrots and mince pies then bed for what usually isn't very long...
  • Options
    1.wake up to my other halfs 5am alarm (as per usual)
    2.not be able to get back to sleep so get up at 6.
    3. cook turkey.
    4.deliver presents to family.
    5. open bottle of home-made hungarian grappa, given to us by our neighbours.
    6. pray that i still have my eyesight.
    7. pub/hospital depending on 6.
  • Options

Work, then home to prep the veg and eat chocolate whilst watching Christmas movies waiting for the madness that will unfurl tomorrow!

Happy Days.

• Options
    Up, made breakfast, got to go and grab the final bits of food shopping, get my haircut.

Take the boys later to the Christmas House on Hayes Lane, the eldest wants to then go to a Carol Service.

Wrap up final presents later and then start to enjoy it all!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    On my way to girlfriends to drop presents for family and make a gingerbread house, then off to uncles to drop more presents and have a bit of fun on the wii with the kids, then back home in the evening to wrap presents and prep the house
  • Options
    Hopefully taking my baby out of Chase farm hospital and going home for Xmas, being referred to gt ormond street in the newyear ,

Been a Poxy 48 hrs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully taking my baby out of Chase farm hospital and going home for Xmas, being referred to gt ormond street in the newyear ,

Been a Poxy 48 hrs
    All the best to you and your baby, hope it all works out for you. Many best wishes to you for a Christmas as you plan it and best wishes in the new year! xx

p.s What's your baby's name? I'll pray for them at church today.
  • Options
    @NLA

So sorry to hear that your baby is poorly.  A big hug is sent to you both and best wishes to your family this Christmas.
  • Options
    Yea best wishes NLA!

I have 40 pints of homebrew ready for drinking today, the minute the kids are in bed I'm in there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Her name is Scarlett rose , thank you sadie thats a very kind thought,

The poor little thing has suffered with urine infections from a very young age, this one has really hurt her, they found she had a dilated kidney on a scan yesterday and they have found the bug that's hurting her so a change in medicine and the pain should ease in 48 hrs or so,

Then off the the blinding great ormond street to sort the kidney problem or find out where the blockage is and we will be on the homeward stretch
  • Options

Working.

Sorry about the little 'un NLA. 

• Options
    She will be out tonight but back on boxing day unless I can convince them to leave it till the evening or the day after

Not as simple as we first hoped and she has a bit further to go than just changing anti biotics

Not ideal but satisfactory enough for now
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that mate. Good to hear she will be home though..
  • Options
    Not sure what I'm doing yet. Might be a repeat of yesterday. A bit of shopping in the morning. Back home in the afternoon to pull up some floorboards and hunt for dead mice!
    This is exactly how the day panned out. Found 3 dead mice. Not a very good Christmas for them!