Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Games

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
When Charlton play Orient on New Years Eve, we would have been on TV three times this season. Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many times a team is on TV?

Comments

• Options
    4 league games      please let the forth  be away:-_ 
  • Options
    Was hoping that it was only three. Wanted to book hotel for the Preston game but guess I will have to wait a while
  • Options
    I thought the limit was a myth?
  • Options
    I sent this email to the football league and received avery prompt reply

Good morning to all,

I have a question for you regarding TV games. I am a supporter of Charlton Athletic and often follow them away which entails booking trains and Hotels. When we play Leyton Orient in the league on New Years Eve it will be the third time that we have been shown on TV. I have heard that each team can only be shown three times, which will mean that no more of our games can be moved, or shown live. Can you confirm that this is the case and if not can you let me knew what is the latest date that our game away the PNE can be moved?

Many Thanks in Advance

The reply I received was:

Paul,

Thank you for your email.

The Agreement between SKY TV and The Football League states that (excluding Play-Off games) they, ‘shall not select more than three League matches for live transmission for any one club in League One or League Two in each season’.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Limited
    Email - enquiries@football-league.co.uk

www.football-league.co.uk

So hopefully we can all book train tickets in advance and not worry about the date of the game being changed

• Options
    good stuff @palcafc, does the game against brentford in the jpt not count? Its just that i assumed that would come under The Football League.
  • Options
    good stuff @palcafc, does the game against brentford in the jpt not count? Its just that i assumed that would come under The Football League.
    no because the JPT isnt a league game ?!
  • Options
    Also proves the rule that you cannot ask anyone in an official position to answer more than one question at a time, no matter what the job, they are incapable of reading more than half a letter... Divs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know there was a limit for each club. I'm surprised they're using our third appearance on this Orient game.

MK Dons in February (already a midweek game) or Huddersfield in March would have been better choices.

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if we had another one, sorry not concentrated enough on this thread - but are they saying we definately cannot have another one then?
  • Options
    4 league games      please let the forth  be away:-_ 
    Hope you are right mate, have booked a load of aways on advance purchase train travel