Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC - Team of model pro's nice guys

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chris Powell is an absolutely top top man!

Richard Rufus, off the pitch is such a quiet, unassuming, shy guy!

Not had the pleasure of meeting any others. :-(
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Although not a Charlton player (yet), the nicest footballer I have ever met is Frank Lampard jnr. I know that he comes across as a pompous tw*t but face to face he is a charming, friendly guy. He was on my plane back from Marrakech in 2005 and the way he handled himself, and looked after his pregnant wife, at Heathrow Airport was brilliant. He turned down the chance for a quick trip through the VIP immigration desk, saying that he would prefer to wait his turn with everybody else. In the baggage collection hall I rescued his wife's suitcase from the belt (well, she was 6 months pregnant) and he was so grateful and just plain normal that I didn't even mention his dive to win that penalty at Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Jones played in 20 odd games and scored the winner v Liverpool in the first prem season; Balmer left at the end of the 1st promotion season I think.

Being a saddo I went through "Home and Away" game by game. He doesn't feature after the first ten games or so so I can only assume that we sold him during the "relegation" season.
  • Options
    garry nelson

steve gatting
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Jones played in 20 odd games and scored the winner v Liverpool in the first prem season; Balmer left at the end of the 1st promotion season I think.[/quote]

Being a saddo I went through "Home and Away" game by game. He doesn't feature after the first ten games or so so I can only assume that we sold him during the "relegation" season.[/quote]

If the link works properly Keith Jones played 158 games (six goals) between 1994 and 2000, then he signed for Reading, so he was in the squad for the first Premiership season:

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/player1/keithjones.htm
  • Options
    This looks a handy list of Charlton players since WWII:

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/charlton/charlton.htm
  • Options
    Mark Fish

My better half met him through work, whilst with him took the opportunity to hand over a picture of him & asked him to sign it for KB's son who was going through a particularly rough time. He not only signed it but wrote a personal message on it, quite inspirational infact. The smile on KB's son's face was enough to melt the hardest man's heart.

Top top fella in our eyes.