Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The worm has turned, slightly!

So the Wendy's thought we were due a blip did they. Well they'll be crying into their christmas punch me thinks, lol. Please spare a thought for me as i have the pleasure of living in Hillsborough, lol.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/160657-summary-of-today/

Comments

• Options
    http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/160661-its-co

some of them are even starting to notice that we can and most likely will win this league
  • Options

Quote from Owlstalk

"Llera looked like fooking bambi on ice when he came on, we went to sh!t defensively as soon as Jones went off, and we weren't spectacular with him on."

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Options

Quote from Owlstalk

"Llera looked like fooking bambi on ice when he came on, we went to sh!t defensively as soon as Jones went off, and we weren't spectacular with him on."

Sounds so familiar. :-)
  • Options

Quote from Owlstalk

Sounds so familiar. :-)
    We could have told them that a long time ago. A great character Llera but with definite defensive weaknesses.

A lot of Sheff Weds fans currently remind me of Charlton fans time prior to the take over. The old Charlton team were around the promotion places but didn't have the quality to win promotion. As a supporter, you want to hope the best for your team and you don't want to look at reality. The league position doesn't lie over a season. MK Dons look like they have the quality for second, closely run by Huddersfield. Play offs for Sheff Weds looks likely. The Play Offs are a lottery.

Without counting chickens, one game at a time and all that, Charlton look to have the quality to go up.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of chortling about rivals, but this comment about Big Mig made me wonder about the quality of their squad

"he is an immense player, and should be first name on the team sheet"
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of chortling about rivals, but this comment about Big Mig made me wonder about the quality of their squad

"he is an immense player, and should be first name on the team sheet"

Hmm strange I thought that semedo was the best midfielder that they had had in years & the best midfielder in this league.

I would have thought he would have been first name on the team sheet..................mind you i did read that they have the best team & best squad in this division so maybe they take it in turns to be first name on the team sheet ?

• Options
    They just sound like most fans do when any old clown is signed
    There's always a fan who thinks so and so is just the type of player we need to push on to the next level
    You only have to go back just over a year and we had fans pulling themselves off over mccormack
    Let's face it if you don't say everything is brilliant about your club then you get shot down by the majority for being pessimistic and a doom monger or a WUM
    Basically the truth hurts
  • Options
    Llera could be a liability but also an asset - he certainly gott his fair share of goals for a centre half, could play a fantastic long pass every now and again and always gave 100% but also he will make more than his fair share of mistakes that cost goals. He is easily turned and lacks pace which seems to cost him more than other slow defenders for some reason - possibly due to lack of positional awareness. A decent back up because he always seeemd to do a job when called upon in an emergency but it was his 3rd or 4th consecutive game usually where something went wrong.

I liked him but you are never going to be an ultra tight defensive unit with him in your side.
  • Options

I knew as soon as they signed Llera we would be ok.

Ive seen some chuff over the last 28 years, he is the chuffest

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not the chuffest by a long way. Pity for him but he doesn't seem to be able to put together more than four or five good games before having a mare. At league one I would still say a good bench player.
  • Options
    Liera is an average league one player with a big heart . He's not good enough to be in a team fighting for promotion but he's nowhere near as bad as some people are making out. You can't help but think that if his name was John Smith and not a Spanish one , he would not have got into the teams he had done.