Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BT Police

Aside from nicking fare dodgers, scraping people up off of train tracks and "hearding" football fans around, what do they actually do anyway???

Seems to me that their role and resposibilty is outdated. For example, if you get mugged on a train then it's the BT police who deal with it - even though their nearest bloke may be miles away. However, if you get mugged having just got off a train and left the station then it's the responsibility of the local plod to sort out - who will likely get there quicker.

Moral of the story: If you're going to mug someone do it in the doorway of a train station ticket office. By the time they've worked out who should deal with it you'll be long gone!!!

Comments

• My bruv is a BT police and believe me he does a lot more than what you have put.

For instance he was rostered to do a BNP march in Greenwich the other week of which only 7 BNP turned up HILARIOUSLY.

Buskers, illegal DVD sellers on the tube, they also do a lot of MET work as well.
  • edited February 2007
    Fair enough Arf .... I mean Ledge .... but it does seem a bit outdated to me that we have regional forces covering their own patches yet the BTP are supposed to cover the rail network for the whole country! Why?
  • Don't the BTP do stuff on the roads as well ?
  • edited February 2007
    no idea mate.

my bruv has only joined to fast track into the MET.

he has also been doing a lot training courses to London Underground staff on how to deal with pissed u 'erberts like us and difficult customers - why the police have to do that

yeah they also have road authority as well
  • [cite]Posted By: DA_6[/cite]Don't the BTP do stuff on the roads as well ?

No, that's "Traffic" - something different. I think each force has it's own traffic department. God knows, all seems more than a bit disjointed to me!
  • Gotcha. Thanks Buddy.
  • Of course, then there's the City of London Police - christ knows what they do.

So, just to recap, if you got mugged on a tube between Chancery Lane and St Pauls you could find yourself giving three separate statements to three (likely clueless) coppers from three different forces, who in turn would probably each assume that it's the responsibility of one of the others and therefore do nothing.

Right, that settles it - I'm going down on the Central Line with me cosh!
  • What about community support officers? Surely an even more pointless role. Get more bobbies on the beat.
  • I think it's because the trains go across the whole country and so cross numerous police boundaries, sometimes even at high speed. It makes sense to have a section of the police detailed for trains although there is still a valid arguement for that to be within the framework of a national, fully co-ordinated police force.

BTW 7 BNP on the march. ha ha. Even in the seventies when I was a bit more "active" politically we always had more numbers than them but 7 (seven)!
  • Who's ' we ' ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Who's ' we ' ?

The Judean Peoples Front ............. or maybe it was the Peoples Front of Judea?
  • The left/anti-nazi league. I was never in the SWP or any of the others as didn't agree with their politics or like all their tactics but was with the ANL.

Anyone remember Red Stuart Fancy from the Covered End mid seventies.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] but was with the ANL

There's an A missing from your abbreviation Ben
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but was with the ANL[/quote]

There's an A missing from your abbreviation Ben[/quote]

LOL Yeah maybe but better than the alternative
  • edited February 2007
    Until recently there was the Royal Parks Police and also the River Police - what on earth the River Police ever did is beyond me - cruise up and down the river wearing their aviators I think. If they did ever need to chase anyone they wouldn't have a chance in their rather unimpressive little boats.

I think in the last couple of years they have both been merged, rather sensibly, into the Met.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Until recently there was the Royal Parks Police and also the River Police - what on earth the River Police ever did is beyond me - cruise up and down the river wearing their aviators I think. If they did ever need to chase anyone they wouldn't have a chance in their rather unimpressive little boats.

I think in the last couple of years they have both been merged, rather sensibly, into the Met.

The river police have been in the Met as long as I can remember. They do a vast amount of work up and down the Thames (dragging boddies out mostly, yuk), get called to ponds, lakes etc that need searching & now help parts of the Thames that are covered by Essex & Kent as both of them have dispanded their launches due to costing. Trust me, most of the time their's is a cold & windy job. But I bet it's great fun in the summer!
  • As well as 'Scraping people up off train tracks', how about:

Protecting the publicn from unruly arseholes going to and from football
    Attempting to prevent an ever-increasing tide of tube/train violence and muggings
    Stopping pissed-up twats falling onto train tracks on a regular basis

Oh, and not to mention trying to protect us from the next wave of terrorist atrocities on our public transport network...

That and 'scraping people up off train tracks' seems to be a pretty decent list of things to start with, don't you think?

Unless, of course, there's anyone else on here who thinks they'd like to undertake those particular tasks...
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]As well as 'Scraping people up off train tracks', how about:

Protecting the publicn from unruly arseholes going to and from football
    Attempting to prevent an ever-increasing tide of tube/train violence and muggings
    Stopping pissed-up twats falling onto train tracks on a regular basis

Oh, and not to mention trying to protect us from the next wave of terrorist atrocities on our public transport network...

That and 'scraping people up off train tracks' seems to be a pretty decent list of things to start with, don't you think?

Unless, of course, there's anyone else on here who thinks they'd like to undertake those particular tasks...

Steady on there Leroy! You're not BTP - are you?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]As well as 'Scraping people up off train tracks',

sorry to disagree Leroy, the law alway`s went missing at clean up time, normally they found a witness standing on platform whatever, that might be a witness, it was alway`s the L.F.B and L.A.S who filled the bags.