Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is going to be on CP's shopping list this January?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Would prefer a loan like Afobe tbh. Wait until summer to spend and make sure we get the right player. January is always hard to get the exact player you want.
    This.
  • Options

Nobody.  Bradders on a 2 year extension and keep the current squad.  It should be good enough to get over the final hurdle, so keep anything in the budget for next year.

Bringing in players to a squad that's doing well can have a negative effect #asprilla

• Options
    Can't see anyone much coming in tbh.  Loans in over the next 2 months if injuries require it.
  • Options
    RichCawleySLP Richard Cawley 
    #cafc will look to make Leon Cort's a permanent signing when the transfer window opens. Full details in tomorrow's paper.
  • Options

Nobody.  Bradders on a 2 year extension and keep the current squad.  It should be good enough to get over the final hurdle, so keep anything in the budget for next year.

Bringing in players to a squad that's doing well can have a negative effect #asprilla

We wont be keeping Benson, Francis and possibly Doherty though.

With BWPs known injury worry and no cover at right back, you'd have to replace those two.

Dont mind if they are loans. Pacy young striker capable of making an impact from the bench and a decent experienced right back.
  • Options
    Considering Crawley have said they need to sell I wouldn't be shocked if we brought Tubbs in. Seems a decent player
  • Options

We wont be keeping Benson, Francis and possibly Doherty though. With BWPs known injury worry and no cover at right back, you'd have to replace those two. Dont mind if they are loans. Pacy young striker capable of making an impact from the bench and a decent experienced right back.
    Sure, but we've been trying to ship those players for a while, so we can't assume that we'll be able to move them on now.  I think we've really got two players that can operate in every position at the moment, which should be enough.  Bradley is the one that we can't really replace.
  • Options
    Unless there are injuries or departures, I think we should leave the  transfer window to those teams which are desperately trying to avoid relegation.Winning teams can actually have their equilbrium upset by the arrival of superfluous extras.

I'm still convinced we were going up automatically in 1995-96, until we signed Bradley Allen for the last couple of months of the season. On paper he strengthened us but he didn't ''have time to gell'' (as Parky would  say)  and we ended up in sixth place and  losing in the play-offs to Palace.

Harsh to blame Bradders, I know. But I honestly think we would have done better without him!.
  • Options
    Unless there are injuries or departures, I think we should leave the  transfer window to those teams which are desperately trying to avoid relegation.Winning teams can actually have their equilbrium upset by the arrival of superfluous extras.

I'm still convinced we were going up automatically in 1995-96, until we signed Bradley Allen for the last couple of months of the season. On paper he strengthened us but he didn't ''have time to gell'' (as Parky would  say)  and we ended up in sixth place and  losing in the play-offs to Palace.

Harsh to blame Bradders, I know. But I honestly think we would have done better without him!.
    Its almost impossible to call that one because you don't know if we would have finished lower without him. 

My worry is bringing in players who might de-stablise the strong team spirit that currently pertains. I felt that Pardont did that when he brought in the loanees during our first season in the Championship.

My feeling is that CP won't do that. If we bring in a striker it will be to give us an impact player off the bench who could be first choice if BWP or Yann were injured.
  • Options
    Francis has gone. Went on loan with a perm deal already done and dusted. Benno will go. Doherty will move on only if someone will match his wages. A perm striker will come in, one more than capable of playing in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Francis has gone. Went on loan with a perm deal already done and dusted. Benno will go. Doherty will move on only if someone will match his wages. A perm striker will come in, one more than capable of playing in the Championship.

You forgot to write FACT
  • Options
    Daily Mirror journalist on Twitter claims we have agreed to sign Leon Clarke from Swindon, with Benson going the other way.

Not sure about this one, he's a decent player but seems to have a bit of 'Billy Big Bollocks' about him! He was the one who had an on-pitch spat with Di Canio earlier in the season & seemed to have the attitude of a petulant 4 year old child
  • Options
    wow, three threads now about the same player
  • Options

Bit premature , I know but...

" We've got 2 Leons, we've got 2 Leons ..."

• Options
    edited December 2011

Bit premature , I know but...

" We've got 2 Leons, we've got 2 Leons ..."

"Come on you Leons!"

No, I don't like the sound of that.
  • Options

Surely will be a record for Leons on one bench!

• Options
    I hope we sign some more players soon.
  • Options
    I hope we sign some more players soon.
    Agree. The window has been open at least a day and a half .... and we've signed only one player?

Rubbish, Powell - sort it out !!!!
  • Options
    If we've got 2 Leon's , then whose the king? - coat