Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Yeovil 2-3 Charlton plus The Promometer

Many thanks to the 17 Lifers who managed to tear themselves away from the festivities and give their marks.

Comments

• Cheers Lancs 

Great stuff as usual.
  • Thanks Lancs... looking forward to this...
  • Knew BWP had about 5/6 assists, but now on to 9!
  • How have we managed 28 yellow catds but have 0 points in th fair play league??!!

Great stats as ever thou!!
  • Great work as ever LL.  Only worry from Boxing day seems to be the three yellows.

Can I check, on the cumulative player stats should Morrison be Up 1 rather than Down 1, given that the four above are unchanged and BWP is down 2?
  • Scruffle - should be 28 points, thanks for pointing it out.
    Scoham - I have given up with the "official" assists as they seem to miss so many, I now rely on the replays and the CAFC match reports. For example in the Yeovil game I gave Kermorgant an assist for his goal as he was brought down whilst in a scoring position. As for WP his assists were against Bournemouth,Notts Co, Scunthorpe, Exeter, Chesterfield, Carlisle, PNE, Huddersfield, Yeovil.
  • Amazing that in the 2009/2010 season after 21 games, Leeds had only conceded 10 goals...and they only just scraped the second automatic place that year!

Forget a game of two halves...more like a season of two halves! (kicks that over to the football cliches thread)
  • They did realy fall away though. I just can't see us doing the same. I think the trick is to chase th epoints and not worry about the other teams, that and only look to the next game (3 points) which seems to be Powell's approach.
  • Thanks LL always look forward to reading this.
  • i know it's a lower league but celtic have just clawed back a 15 point lead from rangers in less than 2 months so nothing is done till it's done !
  • Sponsored links:

• Leeds of two seasons ago are a stark reminder of why we really shouldn't take anything for granted at this stage. We've had an excellent start but that's all it is so far. There is still more than half of the season left to go!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think SCP and the players can't take anything for granted to be sure, but I am going to enjoy this season to the full after so many crappy ones. I can see we are the best team with a bit to spare and can see the gap widdening rather than shrinking tbh.
  • Leeds of two seasons ago are a stark reminder of why we really shouldn't take anything for granted at this stage. We've had an excellent start but that's all it is so far. There is still more than half of the season left to go!!!

We have a fair bit of depth in our squad and Leeds got involved in a couple of cup runs which distracted them and caused fixtures to pile up. For that reason while beating Fulham would be welcome I wouldn't lose much sleep if we lost and could focus on promotion instead.
  • They did realy fall away though. I just can't see us doing the same. I think the trick is to chase th epoints and not worry about the other teams, that and only look to the next game (3 points) which seems to be Powell's approach.
    Why do you think that?  They have a good manager, big squad, goal scorer in the last year of his contract banging them in, excellent foreign target man, a few years experience in the division.  To me there seems more parallels than differences.
  • Great stuff.
    Isn't Green on 5 yellows, though - hence suspended for Orient?  Bit concerning that both full backs are on 4.
  • Weegie - yes Green is on 5, too much festive spirit in my system, normal service will resume soon !
  • Weegie - yes Green is on 5, too much festive spirit in my system, normal service will resume soon !
    No worries - the normal service is excellent!!
  • Still can't see us doing a Leeds and they still got promoted automatically to boot.
    No worries - the normal service is excellent!!
    Any service is excellent!!
  • The Leeds thing is a reminder not to get complacent. I'm sure SCP is fully aware of these stats and will ensure we don't get complacement. The thing that almost stuffed Leeds was getting too excited with the Cup which is still why I wont be too disapointed with an early exit