Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton songs/chants

2»

Comments

• Options

A few old songs still get an airing although slightly different.

Heard "I was born under the Covered End" by a small group at Brentford although some changed the words to "Born under a Union Jack"

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2011
    They didn't change the words, that's just the anti-IRA, Rangers song if I'm not mistaken.

But if I am, hey ho, may be a new Charlton song.
  • Options
    i don't believe Villa sang yippee i ay before us , i noticed a few (4 or 5) blokes singing it on there own for a while (ghost riders in the sky) then at man u away there was some trouble in the under concourse at half time and the boys came out chanting it, we didn't look back
  • Options

Love the old songs, remember being at Coventry years ago and the whole pub was singing. If you go down to cold blow lane 3 oclock on sat your find us all doing the Millwall. to the tune of lambeth walk. I remember the we are Charlton from the Valley song. I used to like show me the way to go home i tired and i want to go to bed. we left the valley 7 seasons ago and we got this shit instead. Where ever we may rome the valley is our home and you will always hear us singing this song show me the way to go home.

• Options
    I recall it as "we had a decent ground a couple of seasons ago, now weve got this shit instead"

Would love to hear a few get an airing at Orient, I would join in...."Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley, have you heard of the North Bank Highbury, Bill said no I dont think so but ive heard of the Charlton aggro" timeless...
  • Options
    Great shout Fog Horn  and SE7 - I'd forgotten that one - it's all coming back to me now.
  • Options
    Paid homage to Henry Irving's statue today in the West End. Wife thought i'd been on the turps again. Would be great to meet up at the statue again and have a little sing song. Fulham game would be ideal. 
  • Options
    What are the words to I was born under the Covered End?
  • Options

"I was born under the covered end, the charlton covered end

Boots were made for booting" Can't remember the rest but its different to the Rangers version.

Whatever happened to Pc Jim ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

"I was born under the covered end, the charlton covered end

Boots were made for booting" Can't remember the rest but its different to the Rangers version.

Whatever happened to Pc Jim ?

I was born under the covered end,

I was born under the covered end

Boots were made for booting

guns were made for shooting

If you walk into the covered end you'll get your fucking heads kicked in

I was born under the covered end

the charlton covered end

Late 60s from Lee Marvin (?) Painted Wagon 

• Options

There was a song about the watermans arms but i cant remember how that went?

• Options

There was a song about the watermans arms but i cant remember how that went?

Have a look at Friend or Defoe's link a few posts up
  • Options

Cheers stonemuse theres soe great ones on there. Just rememberd Bob Bolders got bendy boots on. everytime he took a goal kick nearly always went off for a throw on. Last game at sellout park against West ham oh when the reds smash up selhurst oh when the reds smash up selhurs i want to be in that number when the reds smash up selhurst. Dont think we did but was a good song at the time.

• Options

We'll see you all outside

We'll see you all

(To - Those were the days my friends)

You'll never make the station

You'll never make the station

You're going home in a big white ambulance

• Options

That last one would never work nowadays CE...

"Your going home in a yellow ambulance with green and white stripes down the sides !"