Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank Goodness For That!

From BBC.CO.UK :-
"About 5.3m people watched the Brits on TV, beating last year's ratings of 4.6m viewers.

But Arsenal's FA Cup victory over Bolton was more popular, drawing 6.2m people to BBC One."

The world hasn't gone completely mad.......yet!
I thought it was a cracking game.

Comments

• It was indeed a most watchable game Chirpy. The Beauty visiting the home of the beast. Arsenal's football was a delight.
  • Think most of that was down to the host of the Brits - Russell Brand... I'd rather pull my teeth out than watch that tw&t
  • i did find myself cheering when bolton scored. which was strange. cos i don't like them.
  • Sorry - watched The Brits with the missus - Russell Brand was true to form - complete tosser.

Saw extra time in the Arse match - think I missed the best bits. Good goal from Swedish Freddie (can't spell Ljundberg) - nice to see him stay on his feet long enough to score...
  • Russell Brand will have a very short shelf like, the current red top favourite, they will soon help to hammer him back down to the gutter.

Missed the football, though everyone was raving in the office about Arsenal's football. Will they ever be able to turn into consistent success though ?
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2007
    They've played their best football this year in the League Cup!! I know this sounds crazy but i actually think they are a better team this year without Henry in the team.

Sometimes when i see Arsenal play, and i do alot cos my housemate is a Gooner, i get the impression that the Arsenal players feel obliged to go through Henry when they are better off doing something else.

Adebayor has been their best player this year along with Gilberto.

• Missed the football, though everyone was raving in the office about Arsenal's football. Will they ever be able to turn into consistent success though ?

I reckon they are really getting it together and also they have a very big squad of quality players as their Cup teams show. They are my tip for the Prem title next season, that is of course if Pards can't mange to lead us to our first!!
  • You watched footie on St Vals???
  • not everyone is under the thumb like yourself it seems daniel. :-)
  • I watched Nevermind The Buzzcocks whilst snuggled up with the ex.

Watching Preson throw a hissy fit and walking off the show beats le arse any day of the week :D
  • Sponsored links:

• oh wanted to see that, was it funny?
  • Absolutely hilarious, especially when they just stole a guy from the audience and decided he was now Preston, poor guy seemed a tad nervous!
  • Galls me to say it but Arsenal played some lovely stuff.
  • edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not everyone is under the thumb like yourself it seems daniel. :-)

It's all a load of bollox IMO.The whole idea of Valentines is for someone to declare their love for someone who is not necessarly aware of it. It has been lost in this crazy commercial world along with Christmas, Easter and every other tradtion. I've even seen Clintons selling Happy Pancake Day cards FFS!!!!
    I love my wife every day of the year and show it too, even after nearly 20 years. Also she likes footy and so do my two sons and our dog. So it's a good fit.
  • edited February 2007
    Exactly Chirps, I sent my one & only Valentine's card to CAFC as it is currently the only thing I am in love with. Hopefully Connie on reception won't think it was for her though ..!
  • edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not everyone is under the thumb like yourself it seems daniel. :-)

I prefer "attentive"...... ;-)

There's nothing wrong with an excuse to make a little more effort than you would do normally.

I buy missus CD a bunch of flowers once a week and try to take her her out at least once a month. On St Vals the bunch of flowers are slightly bigger and the meal a bit more expensive.
  • edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]

It's all a load of bollox IMO.The whole idea of Valentines is for someone to declare their love for someone who is not necessarly aware of it. It has been lost in this crazy commercial world along with Christmas, Easter and every other tradtion. I've even seen Clintons selling Happy Pancake Day cards FFS!!!!
    I love my wife every day of the year and show it too, even after nearly 20 years. Also she likes footy and so do my two sons and our dog. So it's a good fit.

i think its bad they raise prices and more fool those that spend lots of money on it. however, some people dont celebrate their love for their partner for 364 days of the year so they use it to their advantage. good for them. 1 day is better than none.
    others just use it as an excuse to go out when they don't usually have the time or the money.
    it was my anniversary so had that as an extra excuse to do something nice, but can't say anything we did was particular valentines-y and we would have done the same on a normal day/night out.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]oh wanted to see that, was it funny?

It's all on YouTube - just search "preston" and "buzzcocks"
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Exactly Chirps, I sent my one & only Valentine's card to CAFC as it is currently the only thing I am in love with. Hopefully Connie on reception won't think it was for her though ..!

I think you'll find Connie is a bit more than "on reception". :-) you wait till I tell her!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Exactly Chirps, I sent my one & only Valentine's card to CAFC as it is currently the only thing I am in love with. Hopefully Connie on reception won't think it was for her though ..!

I think you'll find Connie is a bit more than "on reception". :-) you wait till I tell her!

Please don't henry she'll give me so much stick. She is on Reception matchdays which is the only chance I get to say hello after all (Crawl Crawl).