Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson

edited December 2011 in General Charlton

Should be fit for Orient or Brentford game at latest.

http://t.co/xQcv5XG9

Comments

• Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    I think he should at least make the bench for a run out Saturday
  • Options
    Just watched a run-down of his goals on Player. He's definitely a game changer. Put all three of his penalties in different places as well, so he obviously learnt his lesson after Brentford in the JPT last season.
  • Options

Could have a midfield for Brentford - Green, Hughes, Russell/Hollands Jackson

against Orient Waggy, Russell, Hollands or poss Pritchard, Eprahaim

• Options
    Isn't it strange that he has scored many penalties since he has been with us but when he has been injured we haven't got one . Just a thought.
  • Options

SCM - You have Hollands as a possible in both line ups. Very strange how people see things. almost first on my team sheet. Just a question of who plays with him.

Great to see Jacko returning, think we have missed him altho on statbank I think he is only rated something like 8.

• Options

SCM - You have Hollands as a possible in both line ups. Very strange how people see things. almost first on my team sheet. Just a question of who plays with him.

Great to see Jacko returning, think we have missed him altho on statbank I think he is only rated something like 8.

Agreed totally bizarre
  • Options
    hes probably saying play him in one but not the other. I'd rather he played in both gave it his all and give him a rest vs fulham
  • Options
    Good news, him and Wiggins really work well together. Ephraim has been okay but doesn't link up as well imo.

Like to see Ephraim on the right against Orient if Waggy isn't fit.
  • Options
    Some bloke behind me on Saturday at Yeovil said that he doesnt think Danny Hollands is a good player, i could not believe what i was hearing! Best all round centre midfielder we have had at the club in years and i mean years!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some bloke behind me on Saturday at Yeovil said that he doesnt think Danny Hollands is a good player, i could not believe what i was hearing! Best all round centre midfielder we have had at the club in years and i mean years!!!
    We have some very odd fans
  • Options
    ok. So he wins the ball in the air, wins it on the ground, plays a great through pass, defends, and scores goals. But what else???  Best midfielder in this division this season and best in a CAFC shirt for years.  I know that some players can split opinions (eg BWP) but how anyone can't see Danny Hollands is central to our success shouldn't be allowed to cross the road without supervision.
  • Options
    hes probably saying play him in one but not the other. I'd rather he played in both gave it his all and give him a rest vs fulham
    exactly what I was saying especially with the little buffer points we have on 3rd place, and we will need him against Fulham if we have any chance, but promotion is priority as we all agree.
  • Options
    play him in all of them - he's our lynchpin and playing 4 games in two weeks isn't going to break anybody - particularly somebody like Hollands who looks as strong as an ox to me. BWP however, if the job is done, get him off and rest him whenever possible.
  • Options
    play him in all of them - he's our lynchpin and playing 4 games in two weeks isn't going to break anybody - particularly somebody like Hollands who looks as strong as an ox to me. BWP however, if the job is done, get him off and rest him whenever possible.
    quandary eh? he is also on 4 yellows which is extended to 10 on Jan 1st, however I think I agree, play him against the O's and cross that bridge should he get booked, possibly pull him off after 60 mins or so
  • Options

I've mentioned this a few times on the Stat bank as I think a lot of JJ's good work goes unnoticed and this means he sometimes gets marked down . His cover for Wiggins has allowed Rhoys to bomb forward and maintain our shape , he also links well with Hollands , with JJ in the side we have three naturally left footed players which helps with the balance of the side.

• Options
     possibly pull him off after 60 mins or so
    Will that help?  ;-)
  • Options

The reason JJ is 8th and Stephens 13th is that they have both missed games where the team has been winning and the other players getting high marks whilst they haven't been marked. I'm sure once they both get back in the team they will regain their true places.
  • Options

possibly :-) but I will leave that to the legend that is....SCP

• Options

I remember hearing Physio's say that they think it is more of a risk for somebody coming back from a hamstring injury to come on from the bench as opposed to starting the game.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I remember hearing Physio's say that they think it is more of a risk for somebody coming back from a hamstring injury to come on from the bench as opposed to starting the game.

Maybe start him, with a plan to sub after 60 minutes, but knowing of really unlucky we may need him to play 90.
  • Options
    Jacko shouldn't be involved until the injury is 100% healed imo, no need to take the risk don't want him out for another spell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Dead right. Easy to tweak that hammy again.

And to play Jacko after so long out injured in 2 successive games so close together with very little recovery time is a big risk.
  • Options
    There's no need to rush JJ back - it's not as though Ephraim is a bad player or playing particularly poorly. As he's returning from injury I'd give him 20minutes or so against Orient and if he's ok then a longer stint or maybe a start against Brentford.
  • Options
    Hollands is one of those quietly effective players who rarely has a poor game and he also know where the goal is. One of our most important players. As for JJ, we need to be careful and ease him back - I'd be looking to bring him on from the bench in the next 2 and have him ready to start against Fulham.
  • Options

We have missed JJ but i'd prefer him back in a couple more weeks totally healed up rather than any risk. Can't blame him for being hungry to come back as soon as possible though.

As for Hollands, top player. Does it all and more and most importantly is consistant. Everyone was worried when Stephens was injured but we have still progressed. If Hollands got injured i would be very worried.

• Options
    I can't see JJ being able to hack two full games in two days.
    I don't think we should rush him back.
  • Options

It has always surprised me how frequently returning players are brought on as a sub.  If I was a manager I'd try to make it that returning players went back into the starting XI; that way they can be pulled off at the first sign of a twinge.
  • Options
    quandary eh? he is also on 4 yellows which is extended to 10 on Jan 1st, however I think I agree, play him against the O's and cross that bridge should he get booked, possibly pull him off after 60 mins or so
    May have to wine & dine him first ! ;-)