Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

comedy store - london

i'm going to this tonight, these are the comics on offer:

MC Martin Coyote, Shappi Khorsandi, Jim Jeffries(AUS), Micky Flanagan, Michael Mcintyre plus open spots

anyone know if they're any good?

Comments

• Options
    Flnagan's a bit 'flash'. Seem to remember a punch up he had with one of his roadies a few years back.
  • Options
    I've seen Jim Jeffries and McIntyre. The Aussie guy was pretty good from what i can remember but can't really recall much about the other guy.

It's really hit and miss with the comedy up here to be honest but The Comedy Store doesnt usually disappoint in my experience.

(it's just around the corner from me so i've been a few times)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i'm going to this tonight, these are the comics on offer:

MC Martin Coyote, Shappi Khorsandi, Jim Jeffries(AUS), Micky Flanagan, Michael Mcintyre plus open spots

anyone know if they're any good?

I saw Michael Macintyre on the Royal Variety Show last year. He was excellent. The funniest new stand up comedian I have seen in years. Not one swear word, not one sexual innuendo. Just very very funny. Like to know if his act is a bit naughtier at somewhere like the Comedy Store. I'm not a prude as such but it's nice to see comics who don't rely on shock tactics etc.
  • Options
    Talking of comedians, has anyone ever found Lee Evans in the slightest bit funny?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Talking of comedians, has anyone ever found Lee Evans in the slightest bit funny?

Have watched a couple of his DVD's found them quite funny, not f**kin hilarious though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Talking of comedians, has anyone ever found Lee Evans in the slightest bit funny?

You've got to be on a wind up? Funniest bloke in comedy. Saw him live at Wembley last Christmas... laughed so hard it hurt.
  • Options
    I have tried a few times. He's been on the Paramount Comedy channel a lot latley. Just does not do it for me at all.
    Comedy is like football, it's all about opinions.
  • Options
    just wrote a big explanation of what happened but it failed to post. netaddicks syndrome!

anyway, they were all good, that macintyre was good, and not much swearing or predictable groaning. just very funny
    the girl shappi was very good too. very clever talking about religion and culture
    jim jefferies was ok, used shock tactics to get laughs which was fine until he stepped over the line with a 'joke' at the end. rather than being generic he was specific and got personal and the audience were not happy.

i quite like lee evans, never seen him live but seen the live in scotland dvd and a few times i was in stitches. the referee sketch and when he pretends he's a linesman. hilarious. "i'm still here....."