Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yellow Peril for Hollands, Wiggins & Russell

edited December 2011 in General Charlton

According to the O/S if any of them get a yellow card at Orient, they will be suspended for the Brentford game.

After Orient, the threshold for suspensions goes up from 5 yellows to 10, so will be all right.

Powell will take this into account, in his selections.

Comments

• If they do get a yellow card against Orient cross that bridge as there is cover (Hughes/Pritchard/Alonso/Jackson poss) 

I think there will be good possibility that Evina will play one of the games, give Wiggy a rest ready to do his thang against the Cottagers
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think you can worry about what 'might' happen and I would go with an unchanged team against Orient injuries permitting and acknowledging Green will be out suspended. If however during the course of the game one of those on the brink of suspension gets booked and depending on the state of the game, then there's always the option to substitute one or two of the others on four yellows.
  • I'd risk it, plenty of cover if needs be against Brentford. However if I rested any it would be Russell.
  • I'd risk it, plenty of cover if needs be against Brentford. However if I rested any it would be Russell.
    I agree, play Hughes (sitting) and Hollands against the O's, and bring Russell back in for the more physical Bees
  • So what do we really want?

Go with a weakened team at Orient, and risk dropping points rather than chance a suspension?
    Can't really see SCP doing that, can you?

Powell always says his focus is on the upcoming game and that he will field what he thinks is a side to win that match.
    So I believe the only change at Orient will be to replace Green - who no doubt will be desperate to reclaim his place against Brentford.

He may freshen up things for Brentford anyway, as there's very little recovery time for players as each and every manager is aware at this time.
    But the Brentford game is not priority yet
  • So what do we really want?

Go with a weakened team at Orient, and risk dropping points rather than chance a suspension?
    Can't really see SCP doing that, can you?

Powell always says his focus is on the upcoming game and that he will field what he thinks is a side to win that match.
    So I believe the only change at Orient will be to replace Green - who no doubt will be desperate to reclaim his place against Brentford.

He may freshen up things for Brentford anyway, as there's very little recovery time for players as each and every manager is aware at this time.
    But the Brentford game is not priority yet
    It'll be far from weakened, and let me tell you with the Bees game so soon after that will be at the forefront of his mind also. It's different if it's Sat-Tues-Sat
  • Agree with super Clive - nailed on Hughes will start. Otherwise we could end up v Brentford with Hollands, Russell both suspended, and potentially Jackson and Wagstaff not fully fit. I wonder if Pritchard is in his plans at all?
  • I think he'll go with his strongest 11. Wiggins and Hollands have been outstanding for us this season and, on a pro rata basis, there's only a 20% chance of either of them being booked anyway. I think Chrissy might be indulging in a bit of Alex Ferguson psychology ( with far more panache, of course ).

All being well, we may see Green and Jackson back on Monday ( and maybe even Hughes ) if he wants to freshen things up for the Bees.
  • We have a strong squad - Sir Chris will tell them to play their normal game but not to do anything silly.