Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vodafone sure signal box

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related
Has anyone had to resort to one of these?

Just changed over to Vodafone and my signal keeps disappearing indoors as does the Mrs one which was previously fine.

Loathe to pay £50 for one so also wondered if anyone managed to blag a free one

Comments

• I got one as the signal we had indoors was shite. Have been with Vodafone for years, never had any problems with them until we moved house. Went to vodafone shop in bexleyheath and spoke to them, told them about it, they couldn't give me a box for free. So thery charged me £20 and then gave me £20 back on my monthly bill. Since I installed it I've had no problems with the signal indoors.
  • edited December 2011

Same problem indoors for me. I now have an 'O² with Vodafone' sim card and I have a good signal.

Why can't it be like Network Rail with consistent national coverage? Or am I deluded?!

• The problem is with the 3G phones needing a 3G signal, when the shop check my address we had poor signal and wasn't due a signal upgrade for a year or so.
  • I've had problems with mine from the start, customers services tried to remotely fix mine, but they were shite.  On the other hand my brother has one and swears by it..
  • I used to have Vodaphone some years back and there was absolutely no signal where I live ever ! Customer services told me to read the small print as signal was not guaranteed. When that contract expired as you can imagine I left and would never consider them again. As I said though this was about ten years ago.
  • By law now you're meant to have a two week cooling off period so I'd still be able to cancel but the mrs wouldn't

Might give them a bell tomorrow and see what I can blag
  • It's brilliant - i couldn't live without it.

Yes, it goes on the blink every now and then, but overall no complaints.
  • Saw the thread title and thought maybe this had been re-branded.

Disappointed.
  • By law now you're meant to have a two week cooling off period so I'd still be able to cancel but the mrs wouldn't

Might give them a bell tomorrow and see what I can blag
    By law if they are unable to provide you with a fit & proper service that you pay for then you can cancel without charge. Happened with an ex of mine & we got out of an 18 month contract with around 14 months left. Check out the sale of goods act or the supply of goods & services act.

Just say to them provide one for free or you can cancel using the above!
  • I was with O2 for years, the signal at home is poor even to send a text. My mate got a sure signal with Voda and loved it, so when my contract was up I moved for that reason. The tech is called Fem to cell, O2 have trialled it and not released a product to it's customers. Don't get me wrong I loved O2, customer services are brilliant but being able to have a signal at home was too good to turn down.

Had a few issues getting it up and running, but since then worked liked a dream! I'll get used to their poor level of customer service, I was spoilt with O2. If O2 launched a similar service I'd go back in a heartbeat. 

If you have any problems with your's, look at opening the ports on your router and set the Sure Signal to a static ip on your LAN. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The product is called a Femtocell and - as someone in the telecoms industry - I have to say that they are something of a rip off!

Your network provider should provide you with adequate coverage in your home area as part of their normal service, by using a Femtocell they are getting you to pay 50 quid for a product hat plugs into YOUR home broadband connection to make up for THEIR inadequate network!
  • Just switched our work contract from O2 to Vodafone and ordered 7 of these for rural living folk as a backup

Glad they seem to work!
  • Have a look on eBay for one, I was going to buy one from there, before I got one from Vodafone. There are loads in there.