Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall v Palace tomorrow

13»

Comments

• Options
    Agree that Jacket will keep you up. Coventry and Donny plus one other from Millwall, Ipswich, Forest and one other getting sucked in. My monies on Forest.
  • Options

I think Jackett will turn it around for you Sparrows and yesterday he had run out of bodies ,he is an exceptional manager in my view who manages his resources well , in that he reminds me of Curbs when we were in the Prem . I hope you keep faith in him and by Berylson's comments I think you will.

The word on the street at Orient yesterday in their Supporters Club  is that Craig will return to them next week when one of your other left backs is fit.You also played Jay Simpson in the second half even though he returns to Hull today . Also what is the score with Josh Wright ? I felt at times yesterday he might have provided some bite in the middle but as he never came on has he got a future at the Den ?

Bouszza frustrates like he did with us , but when he did get going he provided a couple of genuine opportunities for you and as a natural leftie he provides variety in a way Feeney and Henry together do not.

Are you getting Howard back ? I think if played centrally he could give you the creativity you crave plus a natural left foot for dead ball situations ,we nearly signed him on loan last year . My Millwall pal tells me he was played wide left for most of his loan spell which is not his natural position and of course our friend Therry Racon might also be added to the mix .I wasn't impressed with Trotter yesterday and he got some stick from fans where I was sitting and Abdou is a busy player who needs a creative partner in the middle .

Again the reference from Orient about Kane is good and Mason seems to be a Simpson type player so you will have more people available Tuesday.

All in all I hope you stay up and we go up so we can renew the rivalry next year.

What did you make of Palace mate - are they heading upwards or downwards?
  • Options
    Been going to our games there and the old den by train or car since the early 80's - never had an ounce of trouble and never swerved going. If people choose not to go thats up to them but they lose a bit of credibility in my eyes and have no right to have a dig at the team if they lose there. I know a palace fan who won't go there since the game a few years back when they won quite heavily there and he reckons that Palace fans of all ages, including kids, were attacked indiscriminately. That's not right, regardless of how spotty, weasley and irritating they are and is probably a factor. I doubt it was their 'mob' that did it mind you which apparently it was when palaces ambushed our kids and families on the train. That is even lower on the scale and is what sets Palace even lower in my view. Spineless. 
    If that's the game I'm thinking of they were all at home by the time the final whistle went. Loads of rubbish. I know there are people who will claim they've witnessed indiscriminate attacks & it has happened, but nothing like that since the 80's.
    No, it happened - the palace fan, believe it or not, is a top bloke who i work with and have known for years and if he said it happened, it did.I think they'd won 4-1 and was probably about 8 years ago
  • Options

What did you make of Palace mate - are they heading upwards or downwards?

Probably midtable , they did a job on Millwall and were the better side .A s I describe above the Spanners  ran out of bodies yesterday and looked tired .Against a better team I think the Nigels may have struggled .

Paddy Mccarthy is proving to be a good captain for them and with Anthony Gardner made sure Millwall didn't get anywhere at the back . Clyne impressed at Right Back although I think his comments on Twitter are childish and pathetic .Likewise Easter should have been booked for his goal celebration.

They also won the midfield battle Ambrose looked effective and Digakol impressed that is why I thought Jackett might might bring Josh Wright on .

Another non football related factor was the Police allowed Palace to enter South Bermondsey before Millwall and exit the area , it seems that the Lions are now held back there and away fans can clear the area first , fortunately for me I headed to Surrey Quays so that I could make a quick exit to Brisbane Road and my pre match pint in the Orient Supporters Club with some O's supporting mates.

My Millwall mate was still waiting to board the train and I was already walking around the Matchroom Stadium.

• Options
    Is Racon still injured?

If not what's happened to him?
  • Options
    Racon has been their Alonso , he played 60 minutes in the League Cup and has not been seen since because of injury.
  • Options
    Been going to our games there and the old den by train or car since the early 80's - never had an ounce of trouble and never swerved going. If people choose not to go thats up to them but they lose a bit of credibility in my eyes and have no right to have a dig at the team if they lose there. I know a palace fan who won't go there since the game a few years back when they won quite heavily there and he reckons that Palace fans of all ages, including kids, were attacked indiscriminately. That's not right, regardless of how spotty, weasley and irritating they are and is probably a factor. I doubt it was their 'mob' that did it mind you which apparently it was when palaces ambushed our kids and families on the train. That is even lower on the scale and is what sets Palace even lower in my view. Spineless. 
    If that's the game I'm thinking of they were all at home by the time the final whistle went. Loads of rubbish. I know there are people who will claim they've witnessed indiscriminate attacks & it has happened, but nothing like that since the 80's.
    No, it happened - the palace fan, believe it or not, is a top bloke who i work with and have known for years and if he said it happened, it did.I think they'd won 4-1 and was probably about 8 years ago
  • Options

I think Jackett will turn it around for you Sparrows and yesterday he had run out of bodies ,he is an exceptional manager in my view who manages his resources well , in that he reminds me of Curbs when we were in the Prem . I hope you keep faith in him and by Berylson's comments I think you will.

The word on the street at Orient yesterday in their Supporters Club  is that Craig will return to them next week when one of your other left backs is fit.You also played Jay Simpson in the second half even though he returns to Hull today . Also what is the score with Josh Wright ? I felt at times yesterday he might have provided some bite in the middle but as he never came on has he got a future at the Den ?

Bouszza frustrates like he did with us , but when he did get going he provided a couple of genuine opportunities for you and as a natural leftie he provides variety in a way Feeney and Henry together do not.

Are you getting Howard back ? I think if played centrally he could give you the creativity you crave plus a natural left foot for dead ball situations ,we nearly signed him on loan last year . My Millwall pal tells me he was played wide left for most of his loan spell which is not his natural position and of course our friend Therry Racon might also be added to the mix .I wasn't impressed with Trotter yesterday and he got some stick from fans where I was sitting and Abdou is a busy player who needs a creative partner in the middle .

Again the reference from Orient about Kane is good and Mason seems to be a Simpson type player so you will have more people available Tuesday.

All in all I hope you stay up and we go up so we can renew the rivalry next year.

Think Jackett is losing it at times though, the team don't look as together as they once did, doesn't appear to be that steel & will to run themselves into the ground as there has been over the previous few years.

No idea what Josh Wright is like, nobody does, seemed like a desperate signing, can't believe he's good enough for that level.

Rumours are Trotter may be off in January so may see Howard re-signed & moved into the CM position which will suit him. Left mid did nothing for him.
  • Options

Orient have signed Adam Chicksen off of MK Dons for a month to make sure they are not caught short at left back,but I understand they still want Craig long term and that you fancy their wide man Porter , this could be one that goes to the wire on deadline day. So I guess it will be down to Jackett and whether he can nab another left sided defender and maybe whether James Henry stays.

I liked Josh Wright as a player but suspect he has lost his way a bit . He could have added bite to you against Palace , I also understand you have got Howard back which I think is good news for you. Lowry is also supposed to be signing until the end of the season.

• Options

Orient have signed Adam Chicksen off of MK Dons for a month to make sure they are not caught short at left back,but I understand they still want Craig long term and that you fancy their wide man Porter , this could be one that goes to the wire on deadline day. So I guess it will be down to Jackett and whether he can nab another left sided defender and maybe whether James Henry stays.

I liked Josh Wright as a player but suspect he has lost his way a bit . He could have added bite to you against Palace , I also understand you have got Howard back which I think is good news for you. Lowry is also supposed to be signing until the end of the season.

Lowry is a touch of class, don't think he's signed yet but would be happy with that until the end of the season.

We dominated that 2nd half, we just don't create the chances & when we do we don't take them. Our defence is still one of the best in the league, trouble is at the other end and we really lack anything that can score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You need Kevin Lisbie back.
  • Options

What is our average away following this season - can't imagine it's up much on the 708 from 2009.

• Options
    I'd have him back!
  • Options
    I'd have him back!
    It must be bad then!
  • Options

Nigels were singing our you Charlton in disguise to millwall,which makes no sense as we always beat them and they were beating Millwall ??/