Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

two games in a week will shape our season

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
The two Sheffield sides in a week will show us what we are really made of. The pressure is now on, we need to deliver.

Comments

• It won't shape our season at all.
  • I think teams will drop points all over the place, no real make or break weeks in Jan.
  • Glad to be getting both out of the way early on. I imagine we've probably got the easiest run in (on paper) of the top five teams.
  • edited December 2011
    Off the back off playing 87 minutes with ten men it might especially against a very physical Brentford team who will know how to take advantage.
    The period of 7 games starting on Monday can though
  • We have 46 games in a season. I find it ridiculous when anybody says "this is the period that matters". It's nonsense.
  • We have 46 games in a season. I find it ridiculous when anybody says "this is the period that matters". It's nonsense.
    We play 4 of the 6 directly below over the next 7 games. Obviously it can have a huge impact on the season
  • 46 games will shape our season.  These two will only contribute more in the sense that they are both six-pointers, but they will neither make nor break us.  Whether we get six points from them or none, nothing will be decided and there's still a long way to go.
  • Hate to say it , but we were due a defeat, i'm convinced we would have not lost the game if Hamer hadn't got sent off.
  • Although it is a 46 game season, the next 3 games are massive...........win all 3 and we will have a 8-10 point lead, lose them and we will find ourselves in 2nd or even 3rd spot with all the last 4 months hard work gone.

just hoping BWP regains his form, or a deflected shot finds the bottom corner...............

• Sponsored links:

• Although it is a 46 game season, the next 3 games are massive...........win all 3 and we will have a 8-10 point lead, lose them and we will find ourselves in 2nd or even 3rd spot with all the last 4 months hard work gone.

Absolute and complete total rubbish. If we lose the next three games do our points on the board so far get miraculously wiped out? 
  • why do some people come out with a load of old twaddle. 2 games won't define our season, christ are some people bored or feel that they haven't said anything for half an hour, so they come out with absolute tosh.
    WTF
    nice comment Welch man

• It's a marathon. Not a sprint. The next three games are just as important as the rest. A season isn't won or lost in 3 games in January. If we approach the games like we have approached the majority of our games this season, then we should be fine.