Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Charlton performance and best away team at the Valley

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
I think probably when we beat Chelsea 4-2. Scotty was awesome that day.

And Arsenal best away performance a couple of seasons back when they were 3-0 up by half time. They were unstoppable for that first 45 minutes. Can't remember the final score tho!

Comments

• Options
    You'll struggle to find an arguement against the Chelsea game, though we were clinical away at Wolves at the start of that season.

Know the Arsenal one you mean, they were awesome that day.
  • Options
    played well at boro last year in the league
  • Options
    I missed the chelsea game. gutted about that obviously. :-(
  • Options
    I think Arsenal did us 3-0. I remember that too. Absolutely unstoppable until they lost the league of course.
    Another one that springs to mind is West Ham 4-2 in 2002/03. That was Jensen and Parker at their best.
  • Options
    The Chelsea team that beat us 0-4 at the Valley on their way to the title, we did not even get near them that day.
  • Options
    the thing that i remember about that Arsenal team was that they looked like a cross between and athletics team and a basketball team. Not only could they play, they just seemed so much fitter and stronger than us.
  • Options
    Think the 5-0 win against Southampton comes pretty close,wasn't it our 1st ever home Premier League game n Mendonca got a hat trick.Can't argue with the Arsenal performance in that 3-0 defeat,they were totally unstoppable and their football was awesome.
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited February 2007
    I know it is an obvious choice, but it has to be the play off final. The absolute determination of that side, when even our most limited players stepped up to the mark and fought tooth and nail to keep us in it. Then they each had to make that long walk to the Sunderland end and take a penalty. I have never been prouder of a group of players representing my hopes on a pitch.

Should have read the thread properly. I might as well go down the pub now! Dum de dum 4:31...dum de dum, 4:32 and counting
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Most humiliating performance in the premiership?
  • Options
    I think the 3-0 defeat of Liverpool, the 4-2 of Chelsea, 1-0 v Arsenal and the 3-3 v Man Utd are all up there.

For being absolutely slaughtered I think you are right both the Arsenal and Chelsea losses spring to mind and most humiliating, either the loss to Leeds or West Brom.