Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Sharp abused by Barnsley fans

Allegedly sang "where's your baby gone" to him during the match today. Sick.

Comments

• Options
    Heard about that on euellys status. Shocking
  • Options

Did they really sing that?

There are very few adequate words to describe "fans" like that but I will try with "low life scum"

• Options
    Disgraceful!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    Jeez that is so low and vile
  • Options
    Unfortunately football has its fair share of sub humans attending. What a disgrace.
  • Options
    Don't believe it for a second and bet its yet another message board / Twitter rumour that turns out to be untrue
  • Options
    its a sick rumour started by some idiots, im sure its not true.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I saw it on Owlstalk earlier. I simply do not believe it. This is the danger of the web.
  • Options
    Sounds like doncaster fans have started this with very little. Substance, I really hope it is untrue as I can't think of a single thing worse to say to someone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it was a very small section of Barnsley fans, a Barnsley fan made a comment on Jason Euell's facebook stating

"I was in the away end Jason
    and didn't hear anything, although there was supposedly a small minority
    saying this and were told to shut up and booed by the other fans around
    them. They are a disgrace to the football club and should never see a
    football match again, there is no place for this type of abuse."
  • Options
    I hope it's not true but if it isn't and has been started as a wind up then that's almost as bad isn't it.
  • Options
    Sharp said on twitter that he didn't hear it and Barnsley fans are adamant that it didn't happen. Load of balls if you ask me.
  • Options
    Sounds like a sick rumour imo.
  • Options
    Sounds like it was only a handful of people, disgraceful though. But there's idiots like that with every club.

Sharp seems like a decent guy, good on him for getting the assists today. If something like that happened to me, I'd find it difficult to be as thick skinned about it.
  • Options
    I can't quite believe it can be true.  There are some sick people out there, but anyone singing that would have been shot down by the rest of the crowd quick enough
  • Options
    Just join Southampton, good move looks like they will be playing prem footy next season.
  • Options
    Blimey, surprised at that one. Good player but not sure he would do a job in the Prem - still guess they have not made it there yet....would this free up Barnard and if so would we be interested?
  • Options
    Very pleased for him, seems like a really decent guy and I rate him as a footballer. Hopefully he can cut it in the prem!
  • Options
    I was thinking that they must be getting rid of Barnard. If we didn't get Haynes i would have thought he would be worth a punt but i don't think we need him now.

Good move for Sharp, hope he does well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I would be shocked if it actually is true. But if it is, that is the single most evil thing I have ever heard take place at football.