Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    The 24/7 man
  • Options
    All the best to Steve, but does he have any experience in this role?
  • Options
    Didn't he used to do some player management? ....or am I getting him confused with someone else?
  • Options
    Didn't he used to do some player management? ....or am I getting him confused with someone else?
    He used to be an agent if that's what you mean.
  • Options
    What was his role with us :-)
  • Options

I believe he was Andy Cole's agent at the time of his transfer from Newcastle to Man Utd.
  • Options
    He had Varney's job for a while, director of football I think.
  • Options
    He had Varney's job for a while, director of football I think.
    Chief Exec
  • Options
    Not everyone's cup of tea, but I got on well with him.
  • Options

Poor choice to be Chief Exec of a company with (at the time) a £50m? turnover. No where near robust enough.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knows a lot about the business of football, and experience on both sides of player contracts so could do a good job for them. After all scouting the talent is just the very begining of getting a player on board.
  • Options
    Just reading about Coventry new stadium plan and our old firend Waggott gets a mention on the BBC site, he is now Coventry City FC's development director

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25460481
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So planning a new stadium not in Coventry. Doesn't sound ideal for the fans on the face of it.

"Steve Waggott, Coventry City FC's development director, said owning its own ground was "key to the long-term future of the club" and would generate "activity and income"."

Given there is already a large ground (the Ricoh) in Coventry how much activity and income will be generated by the new ground?

"Mr Labovitch said the Football League was satisfied the club had the funds to build a new stadium.

"The stadium that is saddled with a huge amount of debt that is really unsustainable is the Ricoh," he said.
    "

Yet the club don't own the Ricoh and therefore the debt related to the Ricoh is not theirs. But if they build another ground, the related debt will be theirs.

Perhaps somebody will make some money from property deals relating to the new ground. Wonder if it will be Coventry City FC.
  • Options
    NLA will be made up with this news.

Ive got nothing against Coventry, pleased for them to be able to watch football at their own ground.
  • Options
    At last the end (hopefully) to a farcical situation, and Coventry can return to being a normal club, and start climbing again.
    But no, they can't have Franck Moussa back :-)