Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My mates wedding...

One of my best mates is getting married on 29th July 07.

He booked his reception at 'Boots and Laces', Southend Uniteds training ground (not as bad as it sounds) 18 months ago and everything was going along nicely until 2 days ago he received a letter from SUFC stating that due to the fact that SUFC are building their super duper new stadium on the site from May this year the reception can no longer take place and here is your deposit cheque back.

Cue mad panic, invites already printed etc etc.

Luckily for him he has taken out wedding insurance and has found a cancellation at a far far nicer place and the difference in price (about £6000) will be coughed up by Ecclesiastical. Plus he gets Canapes, Champers, toastmaster and a DJ thrown in.

All in all a right result in the end.

Lessons to be learned

1) Dont support Southend United
2) Get wedding insurance (Curbit)

Comments

• Never heard of Wedding Insurance. They must be well made up with that result..!
  • i would of thought it was very rare to take out wedding insurance, he seems a lucky (and well prepared) fella
  • Wedding insurance - well i'll be blowed - very clever.

As for southend - shocking behaviour - they must have known about the building when he booked it.
  • I took out wedding insurance for ours , theres a lot that could potentially go wrong on the day
  • I didnt bother for my wedding. His premium was only £75.

And he has written to the Chairman of SUFC and intends to lay it on thick (had to cancel wedding etc) so I would expect him to get something out of the club.

Unfortunately for him it might be two free season tickets :)
  • My wedding insurance premium was only 50 quid - well worth it for the peace of mind considering how much the whole day costs...
  • We've got ours insured, but that's mainly down to concerns over our stationary provider.... aint that right Sooze? ;-)
  • does it cover for your intended actually turning up ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]We've got ours insured, but that's mainly down to concerns over our stationary provider.... aint that right Sooze? ;-)

its not too late to sabotage the invites mr!
  • I didn't bother with mine... but ran into problems

We were told that our original venue was shutting down and our wedding couldn't be held there about 6 months before hand, i think i was out of the country out the time having a great time when the Mrs called in tears to tell me. Still it gave her something to do while i was away :-)

It's all very well getting a payout on a canceled venue if you can find a new place to get married, as it was we had to get married on a Sunday as there were no Saturday dates in the same timeframe. However teh venue we did find was much better than the original.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]We've got ours insured, but that's mainly down to concerns over our stationary provider.... aint that right Sooze? ;-)

its not too late to sabotage the invites mr!

The invites are top notch... honest....

;-)
  • Thanks for advice South!
    Do you think they will be doing up the pitch next april!!?