Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letting Management Company

edited January 2012 in Not Sports Related
My friend is looking for a company in the Blackheath/SE area to manage the maintenance and management of their management company ( 5 properties), can anyone recommend a company? Not Hindwoods
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Highly reccomend Jennings and Barrett. Speak to Richard Bould on 01322 342444.

Let me know if you are going to call him and I will let him know that I know you. He is a Charlton fan by the way.
  • Options
    Better still, if you inbox me your friends details I'll get Richard to call him.
  • Options
    Kinley Folkard?
  • Options
    Kinley Folkard?
    I have just changed from them to Jennings and Barrett - I will say no more ;-)
  • Options
    Kinley Folkard?
    I have just changed from them to Jennings and Barrett - I will say no more ;-)
    thanks for the tip. what area do Jennings and B cover?
  • Options
    Saga, my thoughts too, I can't type what i think of most letting agents generally...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Saga, my thoughts too, I can't type what i think of most letting agents generally...
    Are we talking letting agent or management company?

Not necessarily the same thing.

EG you could have a block of (say) 5 leasehold flats under a communal freehold and need a management company to run the show for the residents. No letting needed.

I cannot give a personal recommendation myself but colleagues have used this lot if the scenario fits:

http://www.urbanowners.co.uk/
  • Options
    Sorry management companies
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I just had a service charge bill through for £3000 for 6 months (Jan-Jun 2012) from a Landlord called Sinclair Gardens Investments whos Mgmt agent are Hurst Management - has anyone ever come across them, as they appear from reading Google articles a 'rogue' trader ?
  • Options
    if I'm not mistaken they were my freeholders for my flat, my experience of them was they fit the bill you alude to, overcharged for work, if the work actually took place, cynically offered me my freehold for the value plus what it would cost me to take them to tribunal when i exercised my right to buy, all their partners companies seemed to be in the same industrial estate, i.e. it was them really, etc..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J&B are a lettings and estate management company - I think they're what you need.
  • Options
    Choose somebody that is a member of a relevant trade body who therefore subscribes to an arbitration process and conduct rules. Look at www.arla.co.uk for members in your area.
  • Options
    They manage one of our developments an
    I just had a service charge bill through for £3000 for 6 months (Jan-Jun 2012) from a Landlord called Sinclair Gardens Investments whos Mgmt agent are Hurst Management - has anyone ever come across them, as they appear from reading Google articles a 'rogue' trader ?
    I believe Hurst and Sinclair have common directors and suggest an RTM.
  • Options
    They manage one of our developments an
    I believe Hurst and Sinclair have common directors and suggest an RTM.
    Many thanks, will suggest to the other lessees
  • Options
    I work in the property management industry, Sinclair Gardens are a very large ground rent company, Hurst Management are their agents. However they don't normally do management themselves only collect ground rent and insurance, you should take professional advice